Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ooooh, Showdown Shaw leaked 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What I have noticed, and is now driving me insane, is when the game decides you are under pressure it will make your player switching go crazy. It'll deliberately select the wrong player. I mean it is noticeably worse than when the game is flowing as normal.

This seems to be how the under-pressure mechanic actually works, to make it harder to defend by artificially nerfing you. Dodgy player switching and the ball bouncing back to your opponent a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Took Vieira. Didn't even think to check his alternate positions, assumed CDM would be in there. Nope - CM only. Formation change on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Feels like pretty much every CDM has an Alt Position at CM, but the majority of cards that are CM by default have no Alt Positions

• Advertisement

The fact that there's no Play Again option or a smaller menu system to get into the next game for Swaps is such bad UI, I genuinely spend more time search for games and watching loading screens than playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’ve given up with swaps.. accepted I’ll take the 84x60 for TOTY and call it at that!

I couldn't buy a win in rivals right now. Absolutely dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

After spending all my FIFA time recently on Swaps to get Vieira, I started playing Rivals again.

Currently running the below in-game with everyone starting on full chem. The faceless player is Vieira 🙄

Flew through divisions 5 and 4 and now up to 3 which I haven't started yet. 3 was as high as I could get the last season so hopefully I can break into division 2 before this season ends.

It's unbelievable how good Al-Owarian is. The amount of back post headers he scores for me is ridiculous. Also really enjoying OTW Sanches who aside from Gullit is currently the best B2B CM in the game, IMO.

Looking at upgrades I was going to get WC Hero Capdevila for Mendy, but Mendy is still proving to be excellent even at this stage of the game cycle so there's no point in burning 450k for a minimal upgrade.

I have 500k in the bank and no obvious upgrades so I'll keep building it up for now, but I'm enjoying the below despite the limitations/frustrations of the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sanches is supposed to be crazy alright.

Opened my rival rewards just a few mins ago and got Neymar untradeable which allows me to switch back to a Lique1 based squad over Serie A-- just can't get with Ribery / Chiesa.

Obviously I need to bring back in Mbappe and Zambrotta at RB but for the moment I've nearly 1.5 mill invested in 88 rated cards which are at 27k. Just need another SBC to drive them back upto 50k again.

Like you I did Vieria but kinda regret not getting Cafu as I've a huge amount of CDMs like Sissoko, Brokovic, Paulinha etc. Don't get me wrong Vieira is top tier but he's limited to a CM role which locks down players I can use as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Avon8

Is nobody playing rivals this year or what? I coasted to rank 1 in champs qualifiers yesterday yet every game in Div 2 was a sweatfest when trying to get the 8 wins up. Finding D2 much harder in general than elite was last year. Also it takes 30 secs plus sometimes to get a game, whereas champs qualifiers and even drafts is instant. Feels like nobody's playing it and thus everyone's stuck in divisions lower than they normally would be

Yes I am noticing the exact same. Sometimes it takes a while to find a match and then when it does it's a high ping of like 28+.

I'm in Div3 and it's a total sweatfest at the moment too, but it's also full of teams that are absolute bangers. All top icons / top heroes, top tier cards in every position.

I think people are deliberately avoiding getting promoted, and also are focusing on swaps at the moment too.

Really don't know what to do with my tokens now, not seen a single good 84x20

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Davy05

everyone single one of them has been crap. I always take the packs but even they were so bad I even saved them all for Vieira...that's how bad they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Just took ten minutes to find a match in the first round of the draft, wow.

Honestly, I feel like I usually do in July of the games cycle, where the casual players are just not there. Everyone is spammin skills and singing from the same tactics hymn sheet, in terms of copy/pasting the same 4-4-2, midfielders stay back, hoof to Mbappe/Haaland teams. There’s no variety which you’d usually see in Div 4, where you’d face some try hards but then face a few casual players who are happy to have a fun game, even if they lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Past addict here.

Bar a couple of menu shortcuts, I see no improvement.

Am I missing something or are dupes so hard to pump into sbcs?

I find lots of things unreal in this edition but dupes and sbcs due to new chemistry is probably the main one that I can recollect.

Also, nice to see the stop start pause lag thing has carried over to the new edition.

Wow, just wow. What a mess.

Edit: thank goodness for swaps

And on that. My so infrequent play has been focussed on golden goal swaps, I wouldn't be bothered to play other modes..... I have done, rivals when bored to be precise.

*Rear quarters* (four letters, rhymes with sparse)

Yeah, back to the point of origin lol.

I am a few games away from getting my leisurely twenty tokens.

I'm getting them dupes. Am I missing something about sbc's? Used to be easy dumpling stuff into a variety of sbc's.

• Advertisement

Double postman.

In a nutshell. I hate this game, didn't mind the previous ones. But, I've enjoyed doing the golden goal swaps to get to twenty tokens, and I'm now there.

I see dupes, and I haven't gotten a handle on dumping into sbcs/understanding chemistry. I don't care enough to want to.

I'm opening and discarding. I know this is wrong but I just want to have a kick a bout. Wasted so much time typing this lol.

A to the rse

Edit: Yeah, pretty much still agreeing with myself above. Surprised at how literate he was. Anyways, yeah.

Post edited by Liamalone on

On the sauce last night @Liamalone ? 😁

probably the only way to play fifa now...sozzled off your head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

This new World Cup Phenoms promo looks like it has some excellent cards and likely will cause damage on the market IMO. If you have any high value tradeable cards it might be worth selling up and hopefully buying back cheaper over the weekend.

Also, the 80+ Double Upgrade Pack is still active until 6pm. The chances will be small, buy it may be worth making a few and saving them for tonight for a shot at the Phenoms cards. It only requires 1 rare and 8 commons so you'll have loads of cards in your club you can throw into it.

Yea I sold every tradeable card I had on Wednesday.

Mostly out of anger, but still...

Well lads, I bought Brozovic earlier and his price has just doubled. 😋

Edit: looks like he's gone extinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This’d be a great time for a FUT 22 Weghorst Throwback! 😁

My first two games of WL were both against the same person, matchmaking really is a mess

• Advertisement

Finished 16-4 in WL, opened all my rewards without a promo card. Did the 3x84x20 and got 1 promo card in total, 85 Dan James. Did an Icon SBC with the fodder, Xabi Alonso.

Advertisement