Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting school nerves

Options
  • 31-08-2022 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,735 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick one my 4 & a half year old started school on Monday

Every morning she looks forward to going & when we collect her has loved her day but on all 3 mooring's she is scared stiff going in and the teacher or sna has to physical take her from us at the gate , she is fine walking to school but just at that very last moment she gets all nervous and hangs on to us for dear life, First day & yesterday she was literally screaming but today it was more just tears ,although she still tried to hang on to us,

She's always been a very shy child unlike her siblings,

I just feel bad for her, i want her to be bale to walk into her line & not cry not for us but for herself,

Anyone gone through this or is it just one of these things that will get better each time,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Going through it with our 2 year old in playschool. We've been told she settles quickly once she's in there and seems to enjoy it. I think its something that'll just take a while.

Advertisement