Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer Unit Query

Options
  • 31-08-2022 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

My Consumer Unit, installed 15 odd years ago, has a large 63a fused switch in it.

Looking at a newly installed Unit in a relation's house, I don't see a similar fuse/switch, but there is a double pole switch which is something I don't have.

Should I be looking at getting mine changed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Not really it doesn't pose a hazard normally

That'll be the newer DP main isolator in the main board in the relations house

Main overcurrent protection is in the relations cabinet likely a 63/80amp mcb

It's no harm to upgrade an old board these days depending on the condition of the rest of the installation as there's been a lot of advances , arc fault detection, surge protection and change to type A rcds/rcbos etc as well as the aforementioned double pole main isolation

Advertisement