Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps Location Sharing - Keeps resetting.

Options
  • 31-08-2022 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

All,

Can anyone help or clarify here.

We have Google Maps Location sharing turned on across the family, but on daughters iphone 11 it keeps turning off and going back to "Only when using App" - randomly. I go onto her phone, launch Google Maps, it pops up and tells me its not sharing, i go into settings and set it to 'Always' - and it works again, then some random period later (usually a few days), it resets. My daughter doesnt seem to be doing this herself, and says she isnt, so i am stumped.

My only thought was around low power mode, which her phone often goes into given teenage usage patterns. Can this reset the setting ? I have googled this repeatedly and am not finding an answer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

No experience of it myself, but if you suspect that Low Power Mode is an issue, you might try turning LPM on just after resetting the sharing on her phone (or try it on your own phone), to see if it kills the sharing.

Advertisement