Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a GPU server locally

Options
  • 31-08-2022 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello all,

Not a software or network engineer so please go easy on me here. I'm using a cloud GPU to run AI models, recently demand for these has skyrocketed and even on-demand servers are hard to come by , let alone spot. Yes there are some services available but they tend to be the more expensive ones. I'm currently running a server with an A6000 GPU and it's costing me about 400 USD per month . I was chatting to friend of mine based in VA, she's managed to rent out some A100 servers locally from local business that didn't have use for them, she got these at a much cheaper price than online pricing.

I appreciate this is a stretch but any chance of finding anything similar in Ireland?

Thanks in advance folks =)

Advertisement