Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD 4 MW pc-Punkbuster

Options
  • 31-08-2022 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Just got the steam version of the game in the weekend sale but, When Installing/updating Punkbuster an error pops up. It says "Downloading a global config file failed for the following reason: The requested URL returned error:404 What do I do to fix this problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭STEE

I just skipped the process and went into the multiplayer. The game launched no problem but, upon entering the game it says " Unable to initialize Punkbuster. Punkbuster is disabled. " When I look at the server list, All the servers names are called " Uninstall 1.8 " or say 1.7 downgrade " When I click on any to join a game, a window pops up saying the following " You are about to downgrade CoD 4 to version 1.7 and reinstall CoD4x18 community patch. Doing this will fix all issues brought by recent Steam Updates, you will have access to big serverlist and your profile will be restored. Do you want to continue ? " I think I should downgrade because, out of all the servers there is only one I can play on but, Its 153 ping So, its quite laggy. All the others are low ping servers. Anyway after I downgrade CoD 4 to version 1.7 and reinstall CoD4x18 community patch. Is there any more files to download to be able to play ?

Advertisement