Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Another lovely beneficent autumn day and a pleasure to be out on the lane gathering a generosity of blackberries,, looking over at a flat calm ocean...and the mountains reflected therein...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The evenings are getting an Autumnal feel to them the last 2 days. Plum trees leaves are dropping. Hedgehog's are really stuffing themselves and dragging leaves and hay into their nests, I'd say it won't be long before they go into hibernation. Managed to get 2 late babies to a local rescue to over winter. If you see any that are about the size of a grapefruit see if you an weight them. If under 600g get them to a rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Incredible run of weather. So dry throughout. There seems to be an abundance of wild foods (hazelnuts, blackberries, apples, sloe etc)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

My freezer is full with berries. And still picking and the weather still so lovely. Calm and mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

beautiful morn here in Cork City... man I love this weather

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another nice morning here in Meath, although nowhere nearly as sunny as the previous 3 to 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Early autumn yesterday; high summer today.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Was a dark overcast day in the West yesterday. Missed all the sunshine in the East. Back in the East today and lights are on. So dark. No rain forecast. Shame so dark.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely walking weather along the new Tralee to Fenit Greenway this morning, about 17C at the time, more cloudy now and feeling a bit cooler but great for getting the garden done.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭almostthere12

Spectacular day around Ballincollig up until around 1pm then started to cloud over and been fairly grey since, same thing happened yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Good day in South Laois.

Some patchy cloud about and feels warm in the sun. AWS says we hit 18.6c

First birdsong; 6.53 am

Another peaceful morning, clear and still. West Mayo offshore

and as light grew, so did a brisk breeze.

And by ten of the clock a soft soaking drizzle ....

Post edited by Graces7 on

les Any ideas on what temperatures etc are needed to kill off THE MIDGE?

I was only out a few minutes and my ankles are chewed and maddenngly itchy..

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

A warm sunny day here in South West Dublin, was very nice too here this past Sunday

Windsong wild and wuthering.. Makes the home peaceful and a refuge. Autumn ripens as the berries still fill bags!

West Mayo offshore

Wild, wet, windy and dark...

Well, we have had it so good until now. It was snug listening in the night to the familiar music... The post came over OK

West Mayo offshore

Wet evening/night in Donegal. Would guess around 20mm fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

With this band of rain, Dublin Airport has officially gone above 100mm for September.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavens have opened in Kildare

Utterly glorious, lovely, beautiful morning!

I was out around half past seven picking blackberries ( 3 lbs..) and there never was such a day ... That small sharpness in the air, and even a small hint of hoar on some wide bladed grass in a sheltered place..

And the sun a great dazzling as it crested Croagh Patrick..

Toe- nipping though!

Quintessentially autumn,, a season like no other,

West Mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

10mm almost exactly in Sligo. Brings our monthly to 66 percent of average if there was nothing till the end. Over 150percent in many parts of East now with this squal line

Just came back inside after a brief excursion before a heavy shower...

Still mild and calm.... And we have been spared much in the way of rain. But seems a high pollen count as a result...,,, hay fever

West Mayo Offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Heavy rain morning in Sligo 3mm so far. Not much anywhere else though bar Mace Head. Think Northwesterlies are driving a stream of them down. Still it will be dry after midday so I'll do my run then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lovely calm morning in Shannon, 10c.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Same here near Tralee, frequent showers this morning after a bright enough start, good height to the clouds.

12.7C from a low of 9.9C , feels more like we are truly entering Autumn now, been a great run of late, even felt the effects of the sun on the face after my afternoon at the ploughing on Weds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Weather for the next few days not to bad...though by end of next week into start of october it looks like it will be more like winter..with wind storms already starting up

A gentle day. Soft small breath of a breeze. Warm air.. Occasional light shower.. Best of autumn.

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Out in the country last night and it was shocking to see just how low the rivers were.

New Moon

Early Saturday... as lovely an autumn morning as ever there was. Quintessence of autumn.

Out early.. along the ocean lanes.. still and bright with that definitive sweet chill in the air..

Still so many blackberries... And a chance welcome encounter with my neighbour the ferryman and his brother on their way to bring folk over.. So a good yarn about the weather..

One very brief sprinkling along the way, and my toes are shivered. That too is autumn.

Happy and .... happy at the weather and the season

West Mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Rush South Strand now.

Advertisement