Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Orange thunderstorm warning in Dublin now, thats more like it but came very late.

I think they panicked about Cork a little bit given how bad it was the other day. But even looking at their forecast I didn't think there was a huge chance of anything happening.

We'll see what later today brings but I'd be very surprised if theres enough left to cause issues at this stage. Dublin is a worrying one though as its kinda hovering there now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Rain here in Meath is biblical. We had some thunder about 20 minutes ago but haven't heard any rumbling in a while now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

55.2mm so far today in Greystones. Dry at the moment.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Up to 67.0mm for the day now after thunderstorm passed through.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

It's a shame that the Wicklow weather site went down today. Last reading of 53mm at 10.25am. Would have been an impressive total tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Amazing lightning earlier in Galway. Heavy rain since.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Rain song and wind melody... Old familiar music.

It was so quiet for so long that it takes some getting used to now. Now the volume is on HIGH again....

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Warm for October 18 degrees...sure its better that what we get in May most of the time...sure this is ireland where the weather makes no sense we get the warm air in autumn/winter and cold air arrives as we head into spring/summer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Very warm this morning and up to about 1pm with plenty of sunshine. Felt like summer for the first time since the 1st of September. Gone all cloudy now and feeling cooler as a result.

Yesterday was quite a memorable day. 2 Thunderstorms in 1 day, granted we only got the tail end of both storms before they died out but still it was more thunder and lightning than I've witnessed here since the great storm of 1985. It was also the first time I have seen fork lightning since July 1985. The rain yesterday was also quite something, 3 ponds formed in my garden, something I used to see regularly in the 1980s.

Today there is still some waterlogging at the bottom of the driveway and the birds have been having a great time splashing around in it.

Never even thought about lighting the stove... Wonderful day ...always more revelled in after a gale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Beautiful day after the rain and darkness of yesterday. Catching up with work in the vegetable garden.

It be wild. very wild. Wet too... No post so no ferries today. We were very lucky yesterday.

Not cold though. Blustery and an energetic gusting...

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Another absolutely dire day in Cork. No end in sight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A damp wet dark morning here in Castlebar.

Meanwhile, back on this day in October 2018, a record high Mean Sea Level Pressure of 1043.8 hPa was recorded at Sherkin Island, Co. Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain. 11C.

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

A beautiful autumn day, perfection.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

At last the sun is back, feel like it's been raining forever.

I missed the big thunder and lightning storn the other day as in another county and not even a flicker of lighting.

It went on for 2 hours here in NCD and my husband was saying biggest one he has seen since the 80's. Damn!

I'll just have to head back to Italy so to see one again so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭highdef

Ditto in Longford. Moderate, sometimes heavy rain.... The sort of rain that soaks you to the skin within a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Decent start to the day, now back to rain. Exceptionally mild for the end of October. Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Yellow warning for the south and southeast from 11pm till 9am tomorrow morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hit 18.9C earlier in Loughlinstown, not an October record but pretty good for this late, honestly feels like a summers day.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

A fantastic summer style day today in Meath. Unbroken sunshine since dawn and temperature reached 18C earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Absolutely rubbish day in Tuam, drizzling heavily all day. Total contrast with some other parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely day here in south Laois up 'till near 5pm then about half an hour of light rain, giving 0.4mm according to the AWS - but I feel that is an over-record. Felt warm in the sunshine this morning, but it seemed to cool off this afternoon when more cloud rolled over. AWS says we got over 17c! Currently 13c. Looking at the radar, the rain seems to be petering out to my south.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Roads lethal after that heavy shower in cork city, very flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

I remember 22c in Kilkenny on 19th October 1997. Exceptional warmth so late in the month.

Over 25c the all time October record.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fortunate to have a great day in Kerry , saw the car reading 17.5C , out walking along the coast and felt warm.

Heavy rain Just arriving now, mild night.

Was at a cycling event in Kenmare and it felt like a summer's day. A real per day in the middle of all this rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

And it's back, lashing rain and so dark for nearly 9am in the morning.

• Advertisement

In London...lashing rain atm! Can see it's also very wet in Greystones too. 25.4mm so far there since midnight.

Advertisement