Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

So much rain these last few weeks and lots more to come up to Halloween. Yesterday was beautiful here. Good to know London is bad too. But do enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Lovely warm air near Trim! Spring like feel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

17 degrees at Casement and Phoenix park at 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well I was expecting this after torrential rain and morning trip to cinema we came out onto beautiful sunshine.

Getting my laps in now in park, ah this is the life in late October.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Aside from the wet conditions this morning, this weekend has been beautiful, warm and very sunny indeed. Unbroken sunshine throughout yesterday and unbroken sunshine again today once the rain and cloud cleared after 1pm. Many people in the area including myself in a t-shirt all weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Fog rolling in over southern Laois. Love how the LED lights on the N77 (left of pic) and the older sodium orange lights (right of pic) illuminate it. Turning cool out there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great moody shot Danno.

The same here in Kerry, fog forming at dusk and after the relatively warm day it was noticbly that bit cooler this evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

It's like an opening shot for a horror film. Very seasonal 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yesterday was the worst day wev had in Sligo in a long time. Rain all day but very dark too. Was only 15mm of rain but it was the persistent nature of it and the darkness made me feel SAD. Not sad.

Today it rained all morning but sun came out in afternoon. However you wouldn't be wearing a tshirt here was only 12c or 13c

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Early Monday... Peaceful and mild... Yesterday I walked alongside the oceanside early, watching horizonal layers of cloud climbing the mountains...One of my most pleasureable weather sights. . Always a joy.

And the robin is full of joyful song, that says it all..

Mild again after heavy rain in the night..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Met E saying 17c on Thurs but in any sunshine in the Dublin area a 20 cannot be ruled out. It looks a cloudy chart but in the lee of the Wicklow mts it’s a possibility.

I remember 26c at the very end of September around 10 years ago in a similar set up. A temp that high took everyone by surprise from what I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yes, 25.7C at Phoenix Park 28 Sep 2011. Was only 10 years of age but a beach visit was mandatory after school. The relatively lower sun as compared to mid-summer with that warmth felt really strange. Was very balmy and then as luck would have it, we went into a deluge on the 30th and October 1st whilst England almost reaches 30C but fails.

ECM last night also showed 20C for southwest Dublin on November 1st. The Irish Nov record is 20.1C from 2015 and the Dublin record is 20.0C from 1946. Models this morning from what I've seen don't show this significant warm push for November 1st now whilst it has been plugged at for a couple of days before.

That was September 28th 2011. Phoenix Park hit 25.6c that day, Glasnevin 25.2c. Here in southern Laois we got 18c that day. The fohn effect is strong in and around Dublin in the right setup.

Warmest late September temp I remember in the Laois/Kilkenny area was 24c on 30 September 1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just was looking at the fax charts and came on here to say I bet 20c will be broken this week in Dublin, but I see others got there ahead of me! If the Wicklow fohn kicks in could be very nice indeed.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

It is sheerly lovely. Just..... lovely!

Mild and still and the robin singing his heart out.. A late Indian summer

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭almostthere12

Has to be a crock of gold at the end of this rainbow!!

Lovely hearing the birds singing in the calm mild weather.

Indian autumn... Enjoying being outside pottering... Picked my only sunflower....

Again Sryan will know but late October 1995 and 2001 were warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

All my roses were gone but it has been so mild this week that they have all bloomed again!

Lovely to see while it lasts.

Late October 1995 was fairly mild indeed... 20c recorded on Halloween day: https://cli.fusio.net/cli/bulletin/monsums/clim-1995-Oct.pdf

As too was 2001: https://cli.fusio.net/cli/bulletin/monsums/clim-2001-Oct.pdf

Interestingly, both months featured very wet conditions, especially SE Ireland.

The winters that followed both had some snowfall too...

Blustery showers in the night. Still mild; my cats tell me that as when it gets cold they come abed with me, else prefer the kitchen. The Mayo Moggies at the weather reports!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Partial eclipse today ,when 25% of the sun will be hidden. Will reach its peak around 11am

Peak at 10:52am

Post edited by Billcarson on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Won't see the partial eclipse in Cork city I don't think :( very heavy rain showers currently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭mattser

Autumnwatch 2022 begins tonight....BBC2 @ 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Got a decent shot

A good vision of it here but no eye protection to hand...seeing yellow blotches now..

West Mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Tried taking a picture of eclipse on phone n this happened! Backward eclipse reflection .

Can't get image to stand up

Advertisement