Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Crazy rain and wind for the past hour here. very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yep.. Same out here. The rhapsody of autumn...It be ferocious wild indeed.

Water water everywhere ...except that pressure in the taps is minimal...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

This feature packing a punch in the west this morning with Mace Head gusting 61 knots (113km/h) at 7am

Fierce out here.

So used to the peace this last while.

Intense loud gusts, and rain smashing against the windows. The place is shaking occasionally and it is the gusts that do the damage.

West Mayo offshore

8am

Mace head gusting 54 knots

Newport 51 knots

Belmullet 43 knots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Very heavy thundery hail and rain shower In Ashbourne atm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Amazing these reports of thunder just up the road! Looking south in the city right now

Pic sideways of course but not a lot I can do if boards can’t be arsed addressing this persistent problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Amazing mild these days. I love going for long walks on these breezy Autumn days.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

The silence and peace are awesome and very welcome. It feels colder?

West mayo offshore

A very mild morning with 16 degrees at Casement at 9am. If sunshine appears a 20 could be reached

• Advertisement

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Leinster, Cavan, Monaghan, Tipperary, Waterford

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rainfall is likely to cause flooding.

Valid: 23:00 Thursday 27/10/2022 to 08:00 Friday 28/10/2022

Issued: 09:44 Thursday 27/10/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Heavy rainfall is likely to cause flooding.

And Sunny spells are likely to cause shadows.

Quite a lazy warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

it is to reach 21c or more here in London today. So wrong for almost November.

I have never had hay fever in late October before. Every time I venture outside severe sneezing starts as grass and flower pollen is flying. ....

But it is sheerly lovely outside. Mild and still and deeply peaceful.

Went out there. Very mild and warm rain. Think snowy Winters are moving further and further into the distance. Bar that 2010 spell any other cold spell has been short. Even Emma was about 4 days.

Itl be like this or slightly cooler for the rest of this year quite likely. January is the only month I have any hope for.

A fairly wet night ahead especially further east

These few days back in 1989 were extremely wet in the west due to this nasty system

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

Sitting outside work near Greenhills road in Tallaght. Sun just came out 20 mins ago and it's not far off summer warmth. Lovely to feel it this late on.

Currently 18 degrees at Casement and Phoenix park. Not bad at all

I have just been out picking flowers... Wondrous...

• Advertisement

Currently 18c in Sligo. Hotter than most of June was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Orange - Rain and thunderstorm warning for Leinster, Cavan, Monaghan, Tipperary, Waterford

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rainfall with embedded thunderstorms likely to cause flooding.

Valid: 23:00 Thursday 27/10/2022 to 07:00 Friday 28/10/2022

Issued: 09:44 Thursday 27/10/2022

Updated: 17:15 Thursday 27/10/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Where in for some serous rainfall lads any threads for it or are we ok

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

Would have thought more Connacht counties should have been included in the warning judging by the GFS charts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Any end in sight to this relentless stream of rain and wind? A settled spell would be very welcome soon. There are some periods of respite but it has been more or less raining with gusty wind for weeks now. I find it incredibly depressing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Unfortunately no letup in the windy and very wet weather any time soon. This is going to extend well into the first half of November at the very least.

There are hints that things may quieten down by the middle of November but that is very much in the extended and unreliable timeframe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Rain getting heavier here, and wind gusts too, but nothing too big. think the East coast tonight could get nasty!

At least Cork might get a break... high tides tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Since Dublin Airport is already wetter than average, September/October 2022 is the first pair of wetter than average months since January/February 2021. At the moment, 100mm is being challenged - if it is breached then it will be the first time we've had two consecutive months exceeding 100mm since December 2015/January 2016 I believe (in fact, it was three months in a row as November 2015 also had over 100mm). This would be a funny accomplishment in an otherwise notably dry year.

Intensely quiet out here, and we seem to be escaping the worst these days.

West Mayo offshore.

• Advertisement

WHY do I never learn! A bad loud night out here... lol... and distinctly chilly.. Just feels totally different and alien.

West Mayo offshore .

Advertisement