Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mild and windy sums up Autumn 2022

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

What’s next week looking like now? It’s not going to be good but how bad could it get in terms of wind and rain. Seems theirs a lot of uncertainty following the bbc and met Éireann the past few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

There's a storm system that can't decide if it wants to go North or South. If South we get a brief cooling if North more mild weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A blustery but very mild night with Shannon Airport 16 degrees at 9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Gusty enough all day today in the South East and forecast to be the same right through to tomorrow evening. Wild enough here this evening with very frequent gusts in the 65-75kmph range. I can't remember an Autumn season like it really, it's just been relentless and no real end in sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

It might have been 16 degrees today but that wind chill was unreal so it easily felt like only about 6 degrees, especially with dark evening.

It is warm though in house this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Todays Max

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

More rain due for all of tomorrow... I can't cope. This autumn has been the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We are being blown off the face of the earth out here...I had forgotten how LOUD a gale is... Banshee screams. And no easing.. I dare not open the door ... Normal autumn fare .. no ferries etc

West Mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

17c in derry by the looks of it and also looks like it could be a record breaking low temperature for 6:20am in November just looks crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Noisy, Stormy and Warmy North Wicklow.

Like a tumble dryer. 😒😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

New provisional record high November minimum for Northern Ireland with 14.5C at Magilligan, previous record is 13.9C at Armagh on 21st November 1947.

Looks like Shannon Apt didn't get below 14.8C from 09-09 10th November 2022. Not sure on the November record for Ireland as a whole but must be up there.

There's a 15.1C at Glasnevin on 2nd November 1927 but its max for that day, 20.2C, is disregarded in official records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

18c in Derry right now

A little brighter..... and dare I say.... quieter.... The last while has been GBH of the ears time..

West Mayo offshore...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Stupidly warm weather for this time of year. Don’t think it even dropped below 15° last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭esposito

It really feels like summer on my lunch break walk. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,314 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A dirty day, as they say, in Cork City - the worst kind of day, wet, windy….yet 16 degrees!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a nasty wind today but at least it's dry. The very warm temperatures feels somewhat downgraded by the strength of the wind, cloudy skies and random spits of drizzle in the air. At this stage I would give anything for a few dry and settled weeks with spells of sunshine and frosty nights before winter sets in. We need a prolonged break from both the wind and rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Billcarson

These very mild conditions at this time of year remind me of Nov 94. Good for the heating bills, I've only had the heating on for 3 hrs since March. When will this warmth end? Getting beyond a joke now.

• Advertisement

Blissfully quiet.

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Today up at Lake Louise in banff, highs got up to - 2c and lows down to - 14c a little more bearable to - 23c

Delighted at it. Lovely to be warm without heating.. Long may it last..

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Stunning place… had our wedding there June 2007. Would love to get back one of these years

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ascophyllum

The latest GFS is a horror show for the next 10 days, non stop low pressures coming straight for Ireland, by the end of November it could be 10 straight weeks of strong wind and rain with maybe 3 separate dry or calm days in that whole period if even. I can't ever remember a period like that, 3 weeks is common but it usually backs off for a while before a reload of energy comes out of North America. Its like every bit of energy in the Northern Hemisphere is on a conveyer belt between Newfoundland and Ireland.

We have not had that pattern in West Mayo. It has been very localised? Far less than you list

Huh ?

Met Eireann saying a week of dry and sunny weather for my neck of the woods. North Wicklow.

Wind just starting to rise.

They raced over for/with the shopping as there have been no ferries the last two days.

Overture and beginners out there. The cats refuse to go out...

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ascophyllum

I'm talking about West Mayo, it has rained almost every day since Sept 21st on the west coast, maybe 3 dry days in that whole time and they were spread out, the wind has not relented since that day either and almost entirely from the south or west, no crazy storm but most days above 30-40kmph and plenty of days in the 60-110kmph range.

We're well used to lots of wind of course, what's unusual is to get an unrelenting 10 weeks of southwesterlys, usually you'd have a mix of all points of the compass, a week of north winds, some east wind for a few days and prob 60-70% south and west.

The rain of course has been anomalous, but it's been even worse in Cork and Kerry, the rain is never a big problem here by the coast, showers pass by very quickly, but low lying areas that don't typically flood untill the groundwater rises in late December or January have been flooded for weeks around here now.

It has been annoying as we don't associate Autumn with weather that prevents you from going outside but literally every single day has been too wet for outdoor activity. And the pattern doesn't seem like it will change, 2 more weeks of strong lows coming.

• Advertisement

Ok. Yes, depressing. Sorry for posting my weather chart above. But I bet it'll have completely changed by tomorrow 😃. Just so surprised to see full sun days. You really need them after the rain.

Advertisement