Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A wet and windy start to the day in Greystones. 8.0mm so far this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

horrible commute this morning to dublin heavy rain wind surface water pitch black. I’ve said it before but the people I met moaning about the heat last summer I’d love to punch! I’m joking of course but I personally don’t like this time of year at all. Will get away for a week again next month thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Looks like the Orange warning counties didn't get the expected amount of rain, perhaps except for the very south east (edit: maybe the met rainfall radar is acting up as the echoes don't look right?). Very heavy rain in the midlands early this morning moving northeastwards and pretty nasty looking weather inbound to Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭cml387

Torrential rain overnight in Clonmel anyway, a river of water flowing down the Heywood road from the rugby club direction, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some flash flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

According to the gauge, there has been 9.7mm of rain since 5am here in meath, and its still bucketing down

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Full on gale in Greystones with driving rain. 35kts gusting 45kts atm. 20.0mm since midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Clocked up 22.3mm in south Laois from that front with a nice sup in the embedded squall line that passed over around 6.50am.

Sun is out now, and the clouds are slowly clearing eastwards. 7.6c and just a light breeze.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pretty calm in SW Kerry, but looks like it will pickup significantly in the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Intermittent solid showers then bright sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Have we had a named storm yet this season? I don't think we have! Would that be one of the first autumns in a while without a named storm (granted storm naming only started recently enough!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Finished up with 14.4mm, and clearing away now, with bright sky to our south

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Topping trees around the garden today here in Kerry, blustery in the showers being convective in nature but good bright spells also, 7.5C now so need to keep moving but grand to be out in it all the same and well wrapped up, good for the soul and the stiff bones ! I need to take every opportunity to be out in the air and brightness this time of the year especially after all the wet weather, don't like being too cooped up and get sick of the heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It took until 26th November for last autumn's first storm to be named - Arwen. 2019 did not have a named storm by our Mets in spite of being reminisced as a complete washout on here though it did have ex-hurricane Lorenzo 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Louth, Monaghan and Donegal

• Met Éireann Weather Warning
    • Heavy pulses of rain may lead to flooding in places.
    • Valid: 12:23 Monday 21/11/2022 to 20:00 Monday 21/11/2022
    • Issued: 12:24 Monday 21/11/2022

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Cork and Kerry

• Met Éireann Weather Warning
    • Particularly strong west to northwest winds are expected for a time this evening and tonight with gusts in excess of 100 km/h.
    • Valid: 20:00 Monday 21/11/2022 to 04:00 Tuesday 22/11/2022
    • Issued: 11:50 Monday 21/11/2022

Kerry TAF ,windy after midnight for a few hours with a small chance of gusts of 50 knots

BECMG 2120/2122 28020G35KT 

PROB30 TEMPO 2122/2124 28025G45KT 

BECMG 2200/2202 31025G40KT 

PROB30 TEMPO 2200/2203 30028G50KT 

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm a bit surprised there wasn't a rain warning issued for Cork. Bucketing down for the last couple of hours with ponding all over the city centre.

Midnight,and a fair difference in weather across the country from 1 degree and Fog in Ballyhaise to 11 degrees at Sherkin and gusting 52 knots

What Shakespeare called "Infinite variety."

Been much abed so just ( JUST!) sound effects out here... Drummers hard at work on roof and windows...Sleep has been elusive and " the moat" is full...

Sweet peace now..

West Mayo offshore

Rather nice here in Castlebar today,light winds and some sunny spells

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a horrible damp drizzely morning here in Meath, cool and wet. Thankfully there are signs that this 3 month long very wet pattern may change to a dryer and settled scene for the first half of December.

• Advertisement

A glorious day ... Watched the strips of cloud climbing sideways up Croagh Patrick and its neighbours.. It reminds me of Austrian hiolidays..

Sun dazzling ... a chill in the air but such beauty...

West Mayo offshore

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Clare, Cork, Kerry, Galway

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Very strong and gusty west to southwest winds during Wednesday afternoon and evening. Gusts of up to 90 to 110km/h, strongest winds in exposed areas. Potential for localised spray and wave overtopping along Atlantic coasts.

Valid: 13:00 Wednesday 23/11/2022 to 19:00 Wednesday 23/11/2022

As wild a night as ever was. (sound effects in full cry!) The wind/gale hits the kitchen so hard I cannot use the phone in there..

And icy water being hurled at high velocity. And a bitter chill. The cats are hugging their fur coats close.

Wild winter night - and this is not in the solid yellow zone

West Mayo offshore

DIABOLICAL ... Only word...

Please God no emergencies at sea as the lifeboat would be seriously challenged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Rejoined for winter(Uafásach), the constant auto scrolling to the top of the page drove me nuts so deleted.

Yellow - Wind Warning for Antrim, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Derry. Thursday 0800-1400

Well it's official now, autumn 2022 is the wettest autumn on record for Valentia Observatory beating 2000 by 0.4mm to 22nd Nov. Records here go back to 1892.

I think it’s weird for how unsettled it has been we haven’t had one named storm this autumn. Assuming that’s because the weather often came up from the south, little interaction between cold and warm air near us in the Atlantic to produce anything potent. How much rain did Valentia record?

That’s roughly Dublin average annual rainfall.

• Advertisement

Lights flickered a couple of times, heard a few rumbles of thunder.

Advertisement