Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great day today in Kerry today, was out on the land for a few hours this morning , ducked in out of a couple of quick moving light showers, side swipes really where I was, warmed up early with jackets taken off and thrown up on the fence.

In the afternoon qot quite warm recording just over 20C, great cloudscapes today and bright and sunny with blue patches of sky. Clouded over early evening with rain following about 20.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Just had a really intense downpour in Dublin 5. It would be interesting to see if we can breach 100mm this month, it happens on average one month per year in Dublin, haven't had such a month yet this year. It would surely be unusual if September was to be the wettest month of the year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭pauldry

The 3rd week of September might bring some dry weather and temperatures over 20c but until then enjoy the deluges though after this week there will be less rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Peaceful co existence ... All weather welcomed in its own ways, and adapt to each day in our volatile climate ...

Utter peace out here tonight. The rain has nurtured the garden well. All is green. Berries full and plump and plentiful..

West Mayo offshore

Almost 7 of the clock and not a peep out of a bird yet. Going out to pick blackberries so maybe they will start soon... ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like it's going to be one of those days! Showers popping up randomly.

Current radar for Greystones - which is probably 5/10minutes old - shows nothing. Meanwhile it's bucketing in Greystones! Cureent rain rate of 24.0mm/hr.

EDIT: Just realised the radar is stalled at the moment! Last update at 0650.

Just after 8 and still silence...

As lovely an autumn morning as ever was, with that crisp, fresh chill and light. A joy to be out on the lane with the calm ocean on three sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭pauldry

43mm since the rain started Friday here in Sligo but I'd say higher in the South and will be close to 100mm in total after today in some parts. Also the East is getting a lot from it.

Today and tomorrow will be wet and very showery Friday and Saturday dry before a spell of heavy rain Sunday then showery again next week but less so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭OldRio

I had a 4 day break in Athens last week. 31C to 33C. Arrived back on Saturday to torrential rain and 15C. Some welcome.

Showery and 14C. Co. Leitrim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

God almighty the amount of rain this morning is unreal here in NCD.

It stops for a while then another downpour starts.

By the end of this week we will have some amount of rain that has fallen and we have a long way until the end of month!

Edit: Just checked stats there 50mm until 5th Sep at Dublin airport and its still raining😏

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Really getting fed up of this Atlantic muck at this stage. It's been relentless for the past 6 days apart from Sunday which was nice. Fingers crossed we can get a dry day on Saturday because I need to cut the grass at this stage. The grass has grown more over the past week than at any stage between 2nd week of July to first day of September before the deluges got going on the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Kutebride

No rain so far since got up this morning at 7. Overcast and humid. 18° Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

71.5mm now up to 12pm today - already the second wettest month of the year just a week in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭esposito

Just got caught in a heavy shower while out for a walk on my lunch break. I’m like a drowned rat. The sooner Saturday comes the better.

Past hour 7 strikes over Monaghan, 1 over Cavan and 1 in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭glitterIsland

What will the weather be like for the weekend? I am going to a Garth Brooks gig with a pitch ticket. If it's lashing rain or making heavy downpours, it won't be nice. I googled Croke Park and its located in Dublin 3 apparently and I checked the weather app for Dublin 3 and it doesn't look promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Is the concert on any particular day over the weekend? The weather on Saturday is expected to be quite different to Sunday. Going by your message, I can only assume that the concert that you are attending will be on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭acequion

Lashing all morning since the early morning in Tralee. As miserable a day as you could possibly imagine. Might be brightening up a bit now but I thought that at around 11AM only for it to come bucketing down again. Torture having weather like this and it is only 7th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭glitterIsland

I'm going Friday and Sunday. I have plans for Saturday so I won't be able to change my plans.

Hard heavy deluge here - and bright sun.

West Mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

Raindrops on the windshield, there's a storm movin' in

He's headin' back from somewhere that he never should have been

And the thunder rolls.

And the thunder rolls.

That's what I've heard 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭lolie

Some big downpours about today but managed to avoid most of them, bit surreal how you can hear the wall of rain as it approaches.

Plenty of loud thunder also but hard to make out any lightning behind the rain. Nearly 60mm of rain here since Friday night, South Cavan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Almighty downpour here in Achill now. Seems to be coming in 30 second waves.

Time to dig out my winter rain jacket.

Most of that missed us here next door on Inis Bigil so it must be very localised. But it is thudding down now here. Although I am at the far end of the island from Achill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

weve escaped it here in Navan today! Just back from late lunch walk and its dry warm and humid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It may be autumn over here but for SE England their summer just goes on and on and ......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Continuous heavy rain this evening, after days of sporadic downpours, yet not even a rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Days of heavy downpours interspersed with clear spells.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely fresh evening here in Kerry after the wet humid day.

Pic: Barrow Harbour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭acequion

Aww Barrow harbour. 🙂 One of the most stunning places in the world when the sun shines. And Barrow beach is my favourite. Love a jaunt there on a rare hot day when the tide is out and a wide expanse of golden sand stretching all the way over towards Banna and Ballyheigue beyond and it feels as if all the world is yours. Thanks for reminding me of those beautiful Kerry gems on these miserable days

Advertisement