Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aertel not working on Walker TVs?

• 01-09-2022 8:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

Aertel is not working on my Walker TV the last few days, but is fine on other TV brands.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Not working on a Toshiba here, but working on an older Walker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Aertel has disappeared from my new Walker TV again the past couple of days. It seems to co-incide with the activation of Hbb Text on Saorview test channel 51.

Email queries to Walker go unanswered, which is a poor show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

Aertel is still alive??? That's mad

Is it an HbbTv or MHEG-5 red button or both on 51?

I have an older Walker TV, not HbbTv, with the red button available and a Toshiba HbbTv also with red button. Aertel working on both.

On both TVs' radio channels I get the MHEG-5 channel-ID slate but the Toshiba HbbTv loads additional programme info that I don't get on the Walker.

MHEG-5 based Aertel.

BBC has similar but will be switching to an all HbbTv based service in due course, their MHEG-5 service was due to be switched off in 2019 or 2020 but has been delayed.

• Advertisement

I have non-Hbb Samsung, Toshiba and LG. The MHEG5 Aertel works fine on them all.

I have a Hbb Blaupunkt. MHEG5 Aertel works fine and also displays the Hbb content on Saorview 51.

The Walker also displays Hbb content on 51, displays the additional Saorview radio station info you describe, but nothing happens when the text button is pressed when trying to access MHEG5 Aertel.

Some changes from this morning, red button has changed from "RTE services v2" to "RTE services".

The Walker TV is no longer showing the red button.

Aertel ok on both TVs.

On the Walker TV, are you checking for Aertel on the main channels? No Aertel here on 51 or the radio channels.

Yes, checking on main channels only.

Advertisement