Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattle house Floor

Options
  • 01-09-2022 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I have to pour conc passage either side of a slatted tank, the floor will be 150mm (6") above the slats.

What is the best way to fix/prop the timber edges which will be sitting on the slats so that they don't lift when placing the concrete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭MfMan

Can't advise because I've little building experience, but are you pouring the concrete flush into the sides of the slats or leaving a small gap or some other barrier such as rubber in between? Advisable I think if you want to lift the slats for examination in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Gudstock

If u can keep the concrete off of the slats do so u can lift and replace the slats in the hopefully far distant future.

I propped the timber for passages here by using 8x4 beam off cuts and placing them in the slat fingers and using blocks or timber propped from these points then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Good loser

When I did slats around 1990 we put 1" polystyrene between slats and apron at each side. It was easy then in 2018 to lift out and replace.

Advertisement