Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Child Maintenance

• 01-09-2022 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all, 

I need some advice. I'm separated from the father of my baby. He sees the baby most days for a couple of hrs but I do everything besides this. He gives me 75e maintenance per week/ 300e per month. He doesn't buy anything outside of this.

I'm now going back to work after maternity leave (part-time), and I will be paying 300e a month for Childcare per month. I'm not sure whether 75e a week is fair or enough - I feel like I'm paying way more than half per month, and on top of that he's on 54,000 per year and now that I'm part time I will only be on 25,000 per year.

He also mentioned that I get children's allowance, so really I get 300euro + 140e per month. I really don't want to go to court/mediation, I just want to hear others opinions on this? Should I ask for more maintenance? 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

Go to a family law solicitor have them come up with a proposal and then have it decided in court. Then, he can be held to that maintenance and held to account in court if he doesn't pay.

€75 per week is pittance. Since he ears more than you he should be paying more than you. Whatever the costs of the childrearing are, they should be split between ye both in proportion to your respective take-home incomes.

Advertisement