Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educational apps and Youtube channels for a 3 year old?

Options
  • 01-09-2022 10:24am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My son will soon be 3 and like many kids spends a fair bit of time on a tablet watching YouTube or playing certain games. Mostly he likes Blippi, Leo the Truck, Peppa Pig etc, and a few games.

I want to try to limit it to apps and videos where he's actually learning things

Can anyone please recommend some apps games or channels that would suit?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭chases0102

'Super Why' is a great show

Scishow Kids might be worth a look to see if it fits what you want.

Sid the science kid also.

3 might be a bit young for them but only you can gauge this for your own kid I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I've a daughter who's 2yrs 7mths... And it's Blippi, Peppa, Ben and Holly...

Any educational YouTube videos are ones that we watch with her and explain as we go, the likes of those marbles or plasticine videos where we narrate red car... Small ball... Big blue ball, small purple ball etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

My little one (5), likes Mystery Doug and Colossal Questions. She's been watching them for a while. While she's not 'leaning' anything as such, she's also a big fan of Dodo Kids, which is all about animals.

Advertisement