Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

payment through PayPal

• 01-09-2022 10:37am

Someone selling books takes payment through PayPal, he just gives his email. I thought there was something after the email a /mypayname Edit it's paypal.me

Is PayPal me gone

Is it still dodgy selling if you take payment through PayPal?

Post edited by whiterebel on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Gamergurll

Hi, either an email address or Paypal/me will work, it doesn't matter which the seller provides :)

Sorry how do you mean dodgy? PayPal is safe for a buyer, seller is the one taking a risk using it but it sounds like you are buying and not selling anything?

I'd be selling. Is that still risky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

It's a bit risky as the buyer can say they didn't receive the items and PayPal will nearly always side with the buyer.

But there's a risk in every online transaction. Where are you selling? Look at the feedback for the buyer. But even if they have none they could be genuine so you just have to decide how much risk you're willing to take.

Most of the PayPal scams involve high value items. If the books you're selling aren't rare or special editions etc., you may be fine.

Advertisement