Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey INEC 24th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hard to pick one. I'd go with Speedway as the closing song. The drill/chainsaw noise at the beginning, the large build up towards the end, pounding drums and almost wall of noise at the end. Then walk off stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Pretty epic alright! I have heard it live a few times and it never disappoints. I must say I am looking forward to hearing the new songs too. Some sound pretty throwaway-ish, but there are moments of melodic greatness. Mainly Bonfire and Abyss. Not long to go now, enjoy all! 🙂

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hopefully the thread is cleaned up now

Any further issues like that drop me a PM - We'll have to think about getting some active mods in place

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

We can’t make this now sadly so have some tickets to sell for less than face value if anyone fancies a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hoping for a surprise or two on the setlist! Once he doesn't start throwing covers in there...

On another note altogether have to find somewhere decent to get a bit of food before the gig and yes a few Guinness maybe even a Murphy's or two!? Be on an early bus heading back on Sunday so hopefully don't end up to mangled ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

My understanding is the show will be mostly songs from his new (unreleased) album. There might only be a couple of classics thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Was going to go to this but looked up prices of accommodation in Killarney and said I'd give it a miss. Insane prices. Hope ye enjoy it anyway!

I would say there is next to no accommodation left in Killarney for tomorrow night. It was extremely scarce when I booked a couple of months back. That is most likely why you are getting insane prices... I seen a few of them.... No thanks!

The new album sounds promising so I'll be glad to hear it live. From his most recent gigs (Vegas residency) his set list is quite varied, from old to new solo songs and the smattering of Smiths gems. A few tired workhorses could do with a deserved rest imo. But sure we will see how it goes, first stop on the tour, so quite a few unknowns! Let's be glad we all still have an opportunity to see Moz and the boys live!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ah no I hate that self indulgent nonsense.

I hate when artists play more than 4-5 songs off a new album.

Doors 7pm - NO SUPPORT ACT

8:00 pm Film.

8:30 pm Morrissey onstage

Any idea what the film is about or how long a gig we are likely to get ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭fafy

Might include references to this:

The last few times i saw him it was about 90 minutes’ ish

The film is a collection of music videos and performances that Morrissey likes. He has been using it for years now.

I heard the Curfew is 10.30, but if Moz is on at 8.30, I would say he will be wrapped up around 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fair play Mozza. Too right. Barbaric.

Ah yes, coming back to me now, something along the lines of these snippits, all his favourite icons:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLojYp2Si9RTW3EBl7udkMEz9ouY2AgCsx

So, he put on probably the best gig, of the last 3 times i saw him, excellent vocally, roughly 85 minutes setlist, a good few Smiths tracks, more than the last few tines, and a few from Bonfire Of Teenagers, unreleased album, very impressive overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That was one of his best?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Did anyone buy a signed LP of The Queen Is Dead for €250?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Please please please, wow, you lucky people

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud / First Of The Gang To Die / How Soon Is Now? / Rebels Without Applause / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / Frankly, Mr. Shankly (solo live debut) / Jack The Ripper // Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Irish Blood, English Heart

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yeah, Morrissey says it as it is regarding animal cruelty.

Didn't know he had a song called "My Hurling Days Are Done" and yeah, it's really pretty good.

Another artist I should really see while I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If you did you could sell it online for €350 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

It's from I Am Not A Dog On Chain - a really good return to form.

The first song on that album is about Jim Jim Nugent.

His voice was good , gig was very short though , 82 minutes.

He left abruptly after a 2 song encore and most of the place thought he was coming back but he didn't.

The film beforehand was very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I never saw him live before so I was expecting a much more downbeat gig but I was very pleasantly surprised. He was in great form and the band were super-slick. How soon is now? was a real highlight for me.

Was anybody approached by this chap handing out business cards. Looks like he is selling live recordings of gigs. It seemed a bit dodgy https://instagram.com/liverec?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

That guy with live recordings seems legit to me. It appears he's not selling, only looking to trade (Lossless only). A quick scan through his lists suggests not much i'd be interested in but there are a few. Other folks might find plenty to enjoy.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

I would of bought one if I had known.

Brilliant gig, way better than I thought it would be and better than when I last saw him in Dublin many years ago..

Good, but not great is my take on it. I thought overall it was a bit flat. The setlist didn't really help matters for me either. I thought there was a real lull at times. There were some great moments of course, like Successful, Jack the Ripper, Veronica and Please Please Let Me Get What I Want. The gig wouldn't rank among the best times I've seen Mozza.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

No, The Queen is Dead

I'd have thought that would've been a dead cert for the setlistgiven recent developments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So yeah dunno how I really feel about that gig very mixed. He sounded brilliant don't get me wrong but the setlist wasn't great at times and you could tell the crowd were not feeling a lot of the songs.

The Smiths stuff and a few of the better-known solo stuff were brilliant obviously but How Soon is Now needs to be changed to something else at this stage he sings it far too often the same with Irish blood.

He proper baited everyone with the little comment before Bonfire of Teenagers as well haha. Really really should have played The Queen is dead then great song and the crowd would have lapped it up.

Not a bad gig but not the best I've seen from him, unfortunately.

By the way, there were only a couple of those signed LPs I was kinda half tempted to buy one for herself but number one she wouldn't let me and number two someone in front of me bought the last one! Probably for the best considering the price haha!

Advertisement