Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Up To Power Back Boiler Pump .

Options
  • 01-09-2022 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

I know one of my partners biggest worries this coming winter will be ' what happens if the power goes out while there is a fire under the back boiler .

Is there any reasonably cheap solution to keep the pump running while I dampen down the fire . Just to run the pump when the boiler is rattling and banging . It wouldn't need to run for that long .

The pump is plugged into a socket right beside the fire .

Any advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭John.G

That question came up before , a 100 watt power supply fed from say a car battery might do as even old type circ pumps only draw around 45 watts, a modern one like mine around 20 watts., some say the cheaper type of PSU will not give a proper ac power after inverting. Also the start up inrush current on startup may require a very large PSU but modern smart pumps may not require as high a power rating.

Advertisement