Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"A Stellar Line-Up": The Late Late Show Returns-Friday 2nd September 2022

• 01-09-2022 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Welcome back everyone.

As with every year since this vacuous jackanapes took over hosting duties, the daily puff pieces from the usual suspects on behalf of NKM have proclaimed the return of the Riffmeister general to his usual spot in Castle Montrosia.

Ryan is well rested, energised, ready to go, going to bring something new this year...ad infinitum.

You know, bullsh1t.

Here's what's coming our way tomorrow evening.

"Live Irish Friday nights are back with a jig as Lord of the Dance star Michael Flatley, Love Island's Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu, football pundit Pat Spillane, and singer Tolü Makay lead a stellar line-up for this week's series return of The Late Late Show."

As Tubridy is no doubt thinking to himself, soft show thank God.

"Michael will talk about how his mother encouraged him to pursue acting and his excitement at finally seeing his movie (Threat Level Midnight?) hit the big screen. "

"Ryan will also chat with Love Island winner Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu live in studio about dominating this year's villa, why Davide is her type on paper, whether she might find herself heading back to the villa in a different role and how she found herself representing Ireland at an international beauty contest."

Yeah.

Pat will bring the misery.

"After 30 years on our summer television screens, Pat Spillane has called it a day as a Sunday Game analyst.

He will speak with Ryan about his decision, what he plans to do next and that emotional tribute to his father that captured the hearts of the nation."

Music by  Tolü Makay.

"Speaking about The Late Late Show's eagerly-awaited return, Ryan said: "I am absolutely delighted to be back in the hot seat this Friday night and we are back with a bang!

"Friday night promises a great, fun and fascinating array of guests. Where else would you want to be? Put the kettle on, or pour yourself a glass. It's Friday, it's The Late Late Show and we’re open for business!""

Indeed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Oh for **** sake Summer is over.

Ah well.

Back off the wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

I must be the only person in the country who, genuinely, has never seen a full episode of TLLS. That's not going to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I'd sit and watch forty year old Carson shows on YT, and often do, before I'd manage five minutes of Tubridy.

The thread is far more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Jesus H Christ.....why must we endure this muck year after year offered up with Noel Kellys head stoogeboy.....

Im delighted Revenue told RTE to fùck off and not collect the Licence Fee....i sure as shìt wont be paying it when this sort of aul dogshìt is offered up....

Revenue also chasing up Tubridys dodgy tax dealings......Tubridy is 100% an employee of RTE and should be paying full PAYE/PRSI/USC ...aswell as RTE paying Employers PRSI.....

The only thing "stellar" about this show is Tubridys obscene salary....everything else is utter dross....

Post edited by StevenToast on

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Sea Link Stellar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,071 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Michael Flatley interview should be interesting.

His new film appears to have already fallen into the ‘so bad, it’s good’ category a la Tommy Wiseau’s ‘The Room’.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

i'll probably watch it just to see how much death, illness and misery Tubs can shoehorn into the opening show of the season... ☹️

.... then i can convince myself - "nope, there's absolutely zero reason to watch any of this shíte ever again, or for another year at least"

these kinda (weekend primetime chatshows) shows are supposed to entertain/uplift folks aint they, not depress the fcuk outta them ?? :(

the rubbish format aint never gonna change as long as Tubridy's the anchor,, he must have something over someone high up in Casa Montrosia, or more than one person; either that, or his manager does 😃 Tommy Tiernan should get a go, or even Daithi Ó Sé ftm,, no way Tubs is the best person for that job, and for the amount of money ( ~ €500,000 or thereabouts 😮 ) he's getting, there'd be a big queue a half mile long to get a chance to host LLS,, guests would still be shít compared to likes of BBC, but at least it might be worth watching.

Great OP OP 😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Even a tin knocker shines on a dirty door....was listening to Rosenstock on Ian Dempsey earlier, he had loads of de olde Oirish proverbs doing his Flatley sketch.

There will be zero criticism from Tubridy....just blowing smoke up flatleys hole.....leading him on to talk about his dead mother......

Fascinating, intriguing movie..."it has people talking"....

The questions have already been given to flatley....

The only positive thing I can say about this guest is at least hes not dermot bannon or Pat short....but im sure it wont be long before we see them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Guardians of the Galaxy are on BBC 1 Tomorrow night at 10:40. Great film. Much better than the 2nd one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,293 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tubs: "So Mikey are you in the running for James Bond"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I have a fairly loud, and very nice sounding, but half a century old (as in early seventies) audio setup in the living room. Daughter #1 came home from Golden Discs a while back, having discovered vinyl, which pleased me immensely, she's built up a nice collection since, in the eye of Covid, but among them are Guardians of the Galaxy picture discs-they're a bit noisy to my overly critical ear, compared to regular vinyl, but the choons are fire, as the kids say, and I get great pleasure from the fact that my first born likes what I like.

I even let her play Harry Styles on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

What a brilliant review of the film, so clever and funny. The review, not the film, of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

No mention of pat “the center of attention” spillane.

If ever there was a right hand man for tubs to embark on a circle jerk with its pat.

Im disappointed he has been overlooked in this preview so far. .

he deserves more.

How will Tubridy "dance" around the fact that this film is made by an ego maniac on a huge ego trip??....the entire world knows that this film is a steaming pile of self indulgent horseshìt....

I predict tubridy will describe it as "fun and bonkers, mad and intriguing"....must watch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

a bit off-topic, but with a nod to Radio Thread, I was recently watching The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (with Jeremy Brett in the lead) and he opined that summit or other was 'delicious' 😃 first thing i thought of was Tubs 😄

Summer’s over, amigos!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Master Anorak

I don't know which is deader the late late or this forum? Michael Flatley, PatSpillane and love island people are tonights guests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Great intro but honestly I'm not sure I could take Tubs tonight, it's been a depressing enough week / weeks 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Good evening All, happy September 😉

M

Many a white collar covers a dirty neck 😁

The kids aren't back in school, Ryan.

It's 9.35pm on a Friday night - schools will be closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

Who comes up with these ideas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone with a mental health story tonight?

that, or Dermot Bannon

M

Will he last 5 mins before mentioning the Toy Show?

• Advertisement

Given the week that's in it, this worth sharing

Advertisement