Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Autumn2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

will this get to dublin im hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,337 ✭✭✭mojesius

Jesus the sky is growling and lighting up now in Sth Wicklow, great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭obi604

East Galway - I can see lots of flashes of lightning, but can’t real hear any thunder at all. What does this mean in weather terms? (Or maybe I have the tv volume too high;))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some show here in Castlebar. its so white the lightning!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Not even a single sferic being picked up over south Mayo on the Met Eireann radar:

Yet an American site has them all over the gaff, which ties in with my own observations:

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Lighting up in Kilkenny. Storms look to be pushing up from the St. George’s channel/Irish Sea intensely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Wow this is unexpected - serious action all over the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭pad199207

Flashes visible in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Torrential rain and thunder & lightning here in South Kildare.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Seeing flashes to my south from Greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Will this reach dublin im hoping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Flashes and distant thunder here in Laois now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Got an alert from the lightning app of a strike close by here in Dublin 18. Have the curtains open here now with a whiskey in hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hearing distant rumbles on Loughlinstown, round two !

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

lots of big flashes and deep rumbling thunder here in West Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

7.5mm of rain at Johnstown Castle on 9pm reports. lashing down

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lots of lightning to the south of me in Greystones and starting to hear thunder now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Here in Rathdrum. Better than any fireworks!

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

I haven't seen lightning maps this active around Ireland ever before. Hoping it pushing further up north towards Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Loads of flashes the last 20 minutes here in d24.. starting to hear distant thunder now..

• Advertisement

Big flash here in D18 now, just over the Kippure Hill. Timing the thunder it’s still a few miles away!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Was speaking to a local man and he was in Dublin's Blackrock working on a crane that got struck. Nobody hurt thankfully - one of his team got a buzz of some nylon coated stuff though! Close one.

Right over Greystones now. Lightning and immediate thunder. Torrential rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Typically, I was out of Dublin earlier, so missed all the fun and games. In Naas, apart from heavy rain, there was no thunder.

It sounds like it could be an eventful night for Dublin, but certainly is elsewhere so far.

I haven't seen to much lightning symbols over Ireland before, but have screenshotted a few.

While different, I remember October 2003 well. The thunder seemed to last a couple of days, but this event seems to be on another level.

Another flash but not as big this time!

It’s definitely approaching

kildare is shaking with the thunder!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Some mad lightning but well spaced out timewise over this part of southern Laois and visible in all directions.

It's very high up, only heard two claps of thunder and it wasn't overly loud.

Windy, and these storms are whizzing on by.

Pissing here now with lightning getting more frequent and near constant rolls of thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pnott

Incredible lighting and thunder in Greystones. Was looking out the back door and there was a gorgeous flash. Pinky purple in colour. Such a beautiful thing to see. It just keeps going and going too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

A few flashes and thunder now in D.16. What a day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement