Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What frequency does imagine LTE operate on?

Options
  • 01-09-2022 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

As the title, does anyone know what frequency imagine are running their "LTE" broadband service on? I believe it was running on 3.6Ghz but they vacated this as far as I can tell.

I'm installing a Stelladoradus 800/900 MHz mobile signal booster soon and it's looking likely that the external directional antenna for the booster will be located side by side with imagines external panel antenna up at the roof line. I really hope imagine aren't running down in the 800/900 Mhz range.. or anywhere close to it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

They have a 60 MHz "rural" slice of the 3.6 GHz band.

Well away from the 800/900 band.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

That's great, thanks @The Cush

I had read some of that transition timeline earlier today but mistook it to mean everyone was getting booted off 3.6Ghz

Hopefully the proximity of the two antenna won't cause much issue. While the Stelladoradus gear is sold "per band", I'd hate to think the repeater would be inadvertently pulling in this 3.6 signal screaming in it's ear. I'll trial it at the weekend and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Yes, test it, not sure if proximity will cause an issue.

Advertisement