Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How often do you shower?

• 01-09-2022 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

3 to 4 times a week myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭thedart

Once a day, don’t forget to pull back the foreskin and wash yer Mickey. Ladies no need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

And we're off! 🤣🤣

Everyday for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Only dirty people wash 🤣😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't afford the electric shower anymore so I harvest rain water, part boil it to tepid and stand naked on a towel in my bathroom with a yellow sponge getting into every sweaty crevice.

Job done in three minutes.

I allow myself the luxury of washing my hair every second week using the emersion.

If it's very cold to stand in the draughty bathroom, the baby wipes are a last resort.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Well la di da a 3 minute shower and us peasants can’t afford 2 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Every morning without fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

When I was working I used to shower 2 or 3 times per week. Now that I'm stuck at home due to family circumstance it's barely once a week.

I'm not a smelly fcuker though as I wash the strategic areas at the sink with a sponge everyday.

A lot of people waste a lot of water and energy heating water and showering more often than necessary. An example of sheeple behaviour "OMG, you, loike, HAVE to shower, twice a day OMG" plus buying various products (glorified soaps)and lotions and constantly washing and drying towels too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Daily ya dirty pig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Every morning +1 when I've engaged in a physical activity that produces bodily fluids. Max 1 minute showers with a bar of good quality soap that lasts weeks, no plastics for the last five years. Exceptions made for seaweed baths in seawater when surfing West.

Saulgoodman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I dont always shower every day. I just make sure to wash the 4 key areas. Armpits, arse, crotch and teeth. I find I save a lot of time by using the same brush on all 4 areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

With the current hit spells twice a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I can smell the stink of peoples arses here that don’t shower every day.

Animals.

Lack of showering makes Mickey time flaccid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Every morning, without fail, and occasionally a quick cool shower on a summer's evening too. I like to feel and smell clean. If some people feel sufficiently clean without a daily shower, that's entirely a matter for themselves (and also a matter for those who have to be around them), and none of my business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

once a week, whether I need to or not

Nearly every day.

Until you have to endure that cheesy moist pre cum stale odour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Daily. For hygiene purposes but it wakes me up a bit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

After exercise, so sometimes 3x a day, usually twice, sometimes once.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ratatouille99

Every evening, and maybe once in the day if I've been working out

I shower a lot more than you do, but I agree with your last paragraph. There is some brainwashing going on imo. At the moment with going out for walks a lot and the weather being fairly warm still, I have to shower daily, but when it's cold in a few weeks and I won't be going out for walks as much, AND I'm working from home, I won't need a shower every day. And my skin, which gets very dry, will benefit - although two days of a gap is my absolute max. Two or three showers a day seems OCD though. Maybe some people get smelly really easily?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

2 or 3 showers a day over a prolonged period is a bad idea. It disrupts your skins natural oils and ability to regulate its own suppleness and moisture.

It may sound counter intuitive, but water is very drying and no artificial cleanser yet invented is superior to your own body's ability to expel dirt and toxins.

Ask any competition swimmer what they have to go through to keep their skin in good condition. Its not just the chlorine that takes a toll, but the constant rinsing off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My yearly wash is coming up this month. I wash once a year the night before my Birthday.

Ah no at the minute I wash once a week. Trim the beard every week before the shower and trim my hair every second week.

When I used to go jogging I'd wash after the jog so maybe three times a week back then.

Mind you I did come home from a drive one hot day this summer and stripped off when I got home and went in for a shower. I was soaked in sweat and it was a relief in that cold shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely SHOWER outisde right now.. Hate showers though,, a hot deep bath every time,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I've psoriasis and can't sleep unless I've showered, my skin would be itching all over if I didn't shower, am odd night I might chance it but I never sleep as well if I don't shower because my skin starts to itch like a muddafcuka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I shower every evening. I like going to bed feeling spotlessly clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 MV33

Every Morning or around Lunchtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Getting the order right is key.

Hope you don't go the order you listed them

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thefloor

Why not just turn the shower on for 5 seconds, get completely soaked, turn shower off, lather up with soap, turn shower on for another 5 seconds or so to rinse off. Hardly going to break the bank doing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Every night before i goto bed. The better half says sleeping unwashed in a bed is disgusting and I totally agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I shower every time this thread pops up to remind me. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Could shower two to three times a day in the summer, or every second day during the winter.

I don't feel the cold much, but I feel the heat more. I don't know if it's a Celtic thing or what. But I can wear a t-shirt in the winter if it's 12 Celsius plus. I was told that I'm like a thermal human version of a hot water bottle in bed during the winter.

My circulation is probably more than normal, probably one of those lizard reptilians the conspiracy theorists talk about lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

I love the cold, I do running and during the summer I always give it a miss as too warm, the instructor always laughs when I arrive back in the pissing rain and cold :-)

Aurther Guinness is to blame for some unnecessary showers in the past. Impossible to get crack clean after a outburst.

Only thing for it is a shower and squish down everything through the trap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

I love the damp cold here during the winter, and frosty mornings and evenings. I've stood for hour's on beaches on wet winter night's in chest waders, waves crashing into me. Even sometimes had the odd rogue swell go over my head, always wore a lifejacket. Headlamp on , fishing for bass . I love hardships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

maybe so but sweating heavily for an hour, not showering and then going to work all day and being smelly and sticky and gross is far more unpleasant than a bit of dry skin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Well I don;t know about you but I am never very dirty! A hot bath is a healiing for aching joints. I had a course of hydotherapy once at hospital once. So away with your inaccurate killjoy post!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Every single morning without fail. Without a shower first thing in the morning I wouldn’t be able to function properly. A shower before bed is counter productive as everyone sweats in the nighttime no matter the time of year. Also, no matter how much you scrub yourself in the nighttime, you’re not going to feel as fresh the following morning after maybe 8 hours sleep in bed - especially if your sheets and pillows aren’t fresh themselves. Sleeping on 2 or 3 day old sheets and pillows after a shower in the night is pointless, and nobody washes their sheets that regularly.

A shower first thing in the morning and brush my teeth and I’m set up for the day.

A good shower and a good dump sets you up for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Fine, just have a post-gym shower and not one at home at other times.

My showering regime is; arrive at Pool, rinse off in poolside shower, swim, towel off, workout in gym on site, then shower normally afterwards.

I do that 5 days per week and don't typically shower on the other days, unless after doing heavy dirty work or after sex.

I do wash my face twice daily with a vitamin face wash, non-drying, and at the same time I brush my teeth and give my upper body 'the cats lick'.

I did suffer from dry skin in the past and a dermatologist recommended the regime I've described above, along with the use of certain showering and moisturising products.

Since, I have had really no skin irritation and my skin is reasonably supple and soft, at least as much as can be expected for a mid-40s man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

So, once a month or so? 😀

To those who say they shower 2-3 times a week, but do a facecloth wash with the pits and crotch and all that ... why? Isn't it as cumbersome to do that properly at a sink, and wouldn't it be easier to give a quick rub and rinse in a shower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

A pan filled up is much easier. You can take your time.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Yip. The inevitable quarterly "if you don't shower 3 times before work, during lunch and twice before bed... you're a dirty bastard" thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭dontmindme

To those saying they have a 3 minute shower every day, they can hardly be actually washing themselves - I spend 3 minutes washing my hands! Added to this is that human skin naturally contains oil that frequent bathing is washing away with chemical detergent...yay!!

Post edited by dontmindme on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Shower in the morning to wake up, and shower before bed so I'm not shtinky!

Recently discovered that shaving in the shower is a thing too, when I went looking for a shaver mirror I could stick up in the shower. I didn't realise it was as common as it appears to be, but I ordered one of these -

Mirrorvana Fogless Shower & Shaving Mirror with Upgraded Suction Mount for Bathroom, Anti Fog Shatterproof Surface and 360° Swivel, 16cm x 16cm (1X Magnification) : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

• Advertisement
Advertisement