Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinrobe CU

Options
  • 02-09-2022 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi, I am just looking for people's opinions on the service at Ballinrobe Credit Union, I have noticed myself over the last few yrs that the wait time is alot longer than it used to be, generally if I go there I could be waiting between 5 and 10 minutes before I get to the counter and that is without a queue this morning there was a queue of about 5/6 people and a similar wait time, the lady who was at the desk was doing the best she could, another lady arrived at another counter took a seat and told us that could not help us as someone else was logged into her computer, why bother sitting there so? Why not use another computer? I know Ballinrobe is now a branch of Claremorris CU, the difference in service is night and day anytime I go to the Claremorris branch I am in and out within about 2 minutes that does not happen in Ballinrobe, why are the standards of service so different? I know this is a question to ask the CU and in due course I am to do so, for now I am just looking to see if any body else feels the same about the wait time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Only been to Claremorris once, and that was early on a Saturday morning, so I can't really comment.

As for Ballinrobe, for a long time (years) now I've dreaded going in because of how long it takes to get served. Seems like there's usually just two cashiers and some transactions seem to take forever. You'd wonder if having one desk at peak times for *just* cash lodgements would make sense ? Maybe that's why Claremorris isn't as busy - because of the cash machine ??

Having said that, I was in there yesterday at lunchtime and it was empty. Couldn't believe my luck !n

On the flipside, they probably could do things to make it more efficient like forcing people to go online more, introduce self service machines, or tell customers certain transactions are limited to certain hours and blatantly turn people away outside those hours. But, then they'd be turning into another soulless bank. So sometimes I have to remind myself "be careful what you wish for" :-)

Out of curiosity, do you ever go to the AGMs ? I don't myself, so I kinda figure I don't have much cause to complain

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Sorry, I'll clarify - was in there yesterday and it was empty AND I got served straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

Hi thanks for the reply, I have never gone to the AGM, always said I would, I am seriously thinking of going to the next one, I am also looking to keeping about 10 euro in the account just enough to keep it open and withdrawing the rest, regarding what you said about the slow service, you are right they do offer alot of things and are not soulless like the banks however I am starting to suspect that the slow service is a way of winding the Ballinrobe branch of the CU down offer a **** service and people will leave then in the future you can justify closing the branch as noone uses it anymore the ethos of this CU seems to be "run by the directors for the directors

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

I believe they already do restrict some services to certain hrs, foreign exchange been one

Advertisement