Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows sensor installed correctly?

Options
  • 02-09-2022 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭

Hi I just got phone watch in and they put a window sensor in one of the rooms, but there’s no magnet attached to the window. See crudely drawn layout. I was wondering is this correct? Red circle is where the sensor is placed. The door has magnet contacts. regards

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They have probably just installed an inertia shock sensor. This will only detect forced entry and not opening. Very limited coverage in order to save time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

The position would be fine for the door and the other pane of glass if you just want the shock to cover both in terms of a forced entry.

I'm presuming you want the opening on the window covered also as well as the door itself.

If so you would need another sensor fitted (RF Contact) to cover the opening of the window.

Advertisement