Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap wifi security camera option

Options
  • 02-09-2022 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Looking for some tech advice. Want to install a cost effective camera in a shed for lambing, can spend a fortune getting someone to install.

Was thinking as an alternative a security camera with a sim card, but the wifi ones seem alot cheaper. Now the lambing shed is away from the house so no wifi, but what i do have is an old dongle i used to put a 3 sim card in and use for internet before i got fibre in. My question is if i installed a wifi camera in the shed where there is power could i plug in the dongle with the 3 sim and get the camera to connect to the dongle wifi, and then use my phone/tablet at home, or does anyone know would both devices have to be connecting to the same wifi source.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

YI Home Security Camera, 1080p

Advertisement