Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best estate agent in town for selling a house?

• 03-09-2022 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Looking to sell need to find a decent EA . There's a couple that we used in the past that we won't be using. Looking for advice on recent sells and purchase's to see who is best to deal with thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I used Rooney's (Peter Kearney) to handle a sale for me in 2020. Very professional, efficient and communicative from start to finish. I was satisfied with the overall level of service they provided. No complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭McSween

I may be using one in the next year. I used to work in that in the 2000s but i am going to go with a reputable ‘family’ business rather than the bigger ones who have new estates all over the place

Well, I think Rooney's would meet that criteria. It is a family run operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭McSween

They are a long established firm and family run, true and have always had housing developments. My point was about giving some of the smaller companies a chance. One or two over the years havent returned my call for an appraisal. And i feel the smaller ones will put a lot of their time into it

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

You might want to consider selling it yourself without an EA. It seems like there is high demand these days and I sold my house when the market was booming years ago and got a much better price than any of the 3 valuations I had received from EAs. It's not complicated but I think the key is to be able to sell all the fantastic features of your home with a personal angle. I was seriously underwhelmed by the EAs when I was buying a house. They really didn't try to sell the house and seemed to have a take it or leave it attitude.

• Advertisement

It would be highly unusual in an Irish context and potential buyers may be a bit wary. How many properties advertised for sale are there not involving an estate agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Not that unusual at all. Ive done it twice and easy out and saved thousands. Great satisfaction you got the best price and not relying on an agent who just wants to close and get his 1.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Beezory

We are looking at that at the moment the online estate agents.ie . We are quite drawn to them . I've met a few estate agents this week no one has jumped out to me .

Advertisement