Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 year old twins and their 18 year old sister murdered in tallaght

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

May they rest in peace.

Horrific. Beyond belief.

Reported as 8-year-old twins Christy and Chelsea Cawley, and their 18-year-old sister Lisa Cash.

Photographs released by family and Sky News

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

There are videos circulating on watsapp from outside the house while the incident is taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I shouldn't really be surprised, but I still kinda am

Shame on those that filmed it in the first place. One of the downsides of modern technology being in the hands of irresponsible morons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hopefully they receive the punishment they deserve.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

You're absolutely right. If they saw fit to film such things, then only the guards should get the footage..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

New law needed. Illegal to film, record, distribute, circulate or share footage of a crime scene or to approach such scene within 500 metres.

I realise it is impossible to oversee, but it does send a signal. Maybe there is some law like this out there? GDPR is wide ranging isn't it.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything in the law that says they can't film and share video of an incident no matter how horrific the incident is. Open to correction here.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP those poor girls, 18 and 8 year old twins

Even prison for all his life is too good for the culprit, the vile evil scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am just back after a day in London here and on the first page see the speculation started

Thread closed while it is cleaned up

Why on earth do any of you think any speculation is appropriate? Seriously?? Await official news and do not use this site to speculate over anything like this

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have just deleted 88 posts (quite a few after the prior mod warning)

Some of those were quoting inappropriate posts and indeed some were (quite rightly) criticizing the speculation taking place

Some of you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves - both for the totally inappropriate speculation, and then even asking where the videos could be found FFS! As always in such cases the Guards have asked that people stop sharing videos. Do you really think it appropriate to post what can be seen or heard in such videos?

It is not for us to do the Guards jobs for them. Now grow up (and clearly that is not aimed at those of you who were critical of the behaviour of certain posters)

I'm reopening the thread but there will be no further leeway given to posters making inappropriate comments

And if any of you really do not have the common sense to understand why such speculation is inappropriate please drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Seeing pictures of them makes it all the more real, so sad

Thread title updated

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My heart goes out to this family, the suffering they must endure is unfathomable. RIP to those children and solace to the entire famly.

Just a personal comment. This is possibly the most horrendous murder (not that any murder is not horrendous) in my time in Ireland. When I heard it on the news as I was travelling home it really hit me. The fact that 3 young people have been massacred and a mother and brother witnessed this and will have this haunting them for the rest of their lives. My heart goes out to both of them, as well, of course, to other family and friends. And of course this devastates a community. A school those two 8 year olds attended and tall the staff and pupils who will also have to come to terms with this.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,842 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It should not be illegal to film something in public. Filming something can be of use later. Not as much use as intervening to help, but it might help later investigations. Distributing is a different matter as it helps nobody

I have no idea what was filmed here, nor do I want to see it. I am responding generally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Close the entire thread. I don't get the point of keeping it open so we can say r.i.p and how awful it is. That goes without saying. Close the thread completely and give the family privacy. I guess boards wants the volume and traffic that such threads provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

You don’t know they were murdered, that’s for a court to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭briany

It must have been early in the morning when I read this story or the details weren't fully disclosed yet, because I thought all three victims were teenagers and had thought maybe it was some kind of feud gone out of hand, and that would have been more than bad enough. Now that I read two of the victims were small children, it takes this deeply shocking crime to an even higher level of savagery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah fcuk off with that. The dog on the street knows what happened at this stage.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

Settled travellers, terrible violence poor girls !

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

• Horribly depressing. Very sad.

Feel the same reading this story as I did with the Newcastle murders just down the road from this. Just helplessness scattered with huge despair and sorrow for the people involved.

RIP little ones.

What else can be said at this point. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Eyewitness accounts should suffice. A crime scene should be left to the police who have recently (I believe) been allowed to wear recording equipment. Ghoulish of people to record such scenes, it is gratuitous and feeds the dubious needs of voyeurs who cannot be present.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

This is so absolutely tragic and so very sad.

May they all Rest In Peace.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

This is an absolutely appalling crime on so many different levels.

The devastation this will bring to the lives of this extended family is ongoing and they will need enormous support if they have any chance of ever coming to terms with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Absolutely shocking.....shudder went up my back when I seen this earlier....

I have young kids and seeing that picture just haunts you

Rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

We've had a few situations in this country where people have died at the hands of individuals who have been under the scrutiny of the criminal justice system in the past and who have displayed a tendency towards violent behavior.

Without speculating about the person involved in this case, if it turns out that they do have a history of violent behavior, questions need to be asked about how our justice system is dealing with people like that and how the system is ultimately failing their victims in the long run.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,882 ✭✭✭billyhead

That incident in Cavan a few years ago was just as horrific.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement