Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new disabled parking place

Options
  • 04-09-2022 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭

I was going through St Bridget's Place recently and I noticed what seemed to me one new freshly painted disabled parking space. It is not the the first place I would look for a space I have to say but still the more the merrier. I made a note of it for future use. Does anyone know if this is a new spot or an old spot that I have just now noticed because it is freshly painted?

Unfortunately, it was occupied when I did try to use it a few times. I noticed however it seemed always occupied by the same car morning and evening and even at the weekend. I know of a space in a housing estate where the house owner got a disabled space outside his house, not painted blue, but clearly identifiable as a disabled spot. That was in the suburbs however and not in the city centre. Has anyone tried to get a disabled spot for their residence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Usually applied for to local authority.

This link might be where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There are people living in that area, could easily be a residents car you are seeing.

Post edited by Mrs OBumble on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Cheers. Oddly I don't see the St Bridget's Place spot and the estate spot listed. The latter has been there for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

They re-installed one opposite the Dean that was out of action while the road layout changed due to building. That is around the corner. It has a new lick of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

There are some outside residences in Shantalla and Fr Griffin Rd. There is one on Merchants Rd adjacent St Nicholas Street, no blue paint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Actually, I think I remember seeing that and thinking it was a little "home made" looking. It's not supposed to happen, but does sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Unless there is restricted parking not sure how you keep a parking space outside a residence if you live in a place that close to centre of town/shopping centres since not everybody is going to use car parks. So good to know there is a system in place for recognised people of low mobility. Do wonder how long it takes for a place to be designated and if they do still get chancers parking there anyway. Is it almost immediately done once the process has been worked through & is it automatic

Post edited by Stevolende on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Yes the one in the westside outside a house is also not painted but the one in Bridget's Place seems tucked away from everything and is painted in bright blue.

Advertisement