Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta A Espana 2022 - Stage 15 Martos > Sierra Nevada. Alto Hoya de la Mora. Monachil

Options
  • 04-09-2022 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,428 ✭✭✭✭

A huge day. Primoz will fancy this as a big chance to get into red. Lopez will fancy the stage win, Carapaz too if he's not stuck minding Rodriguez.

I'm not so sure, Remco is just so unpredictable. If he can survive the early part of the final climb he might just win the stage.

Jai Hindley has done nothing to this point so I'd expect to see him in the breakaway. Rein Taramae has looked good but done nothing of note, same with De la Cruz and a couple of others. This would be a huge one for Jay Vine to win, he needs to be in the break to try and hang on to the KOM jersey.

I'm going to be glued to the tv all day.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yep this is the big one. The toughest stage of the Vuelta. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

A break of 28 away, including 2 QS, 2 Jumbo and no Movistar.

Arensman highest on GC in there, 9.14 back. Hindley, Carapaz, Meintjes also there

My youngest walked by there and spotted Kelderman "that's a bad boo boo" 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

It's a bit dull so far.

Always was going to be with 100k of essentially flat. Should start kicking off now shortly, this first climb is tough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Some nice shots the Alhambra from the chopper a while ago. Should start getting interesting now

Bloody hell Jumbo, 3 of them attacking at the base!

They mentioned Landa there, I'd forgotten he was here. Chavez has been pretty anonymous too.

Shame about Higuita, I had hopes he could do something here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Fair play Carapaz

Dare I say this is looking good for Soler?

Oh this is getting spicy now !!!!

Lol Mas attacks, i cant believe it. Unless Movistar told him to chase Lopez for revenge.

Did you see he went onto the radio as soon as Superman attacked, Movistar totally told him to chase I bet 😅

Roglic looks to have a smaller gear on vs the other 2 in that group from the side on shots.

McEwan is certain Roglic will be attacking. Not so sure myself but hard to tell. Remco looks fairly comfortable and I suspect he might be able to follow an attack this time but again hard to tell.

So basically I haven't a clue...:)

Strange time for Roglic to attack since he was never going to gain much. If he really had the legs I imagine he would have gone earlier.

Really didnt expect Mas to put time into Rog and Remco on this climb

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'd put money on it, management in Movistar seems to consist of the type who'd get more from this than actually doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Ah here, is it not just Mas attacks when he's able? We saw on Saturday when he went too deep to get up to Rog, and then lost time.

I think it's a bit overplayed the revenge aspect - Soler (who you'd think they would have beef with), was obviously handed up a bottle from movistar (given that was what was on his bike!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Rog needed to take more than 15secs yesterday. Good to see his form and condition has improved. He hurt and dropped people that hurt him in previous days.

Off topic in terms of actual stage 15

I notice a lot of riders not wearing gloves. Is this due to the heat or other reason?

Even in terrible conditions on Tour of Britain yesterday, one or two had none, while others had full finger gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Ah ya, I find it quiet funny the while conspiracy theory. Although maybe Soler is a spy for Moviestar and that's why he had the bottle!

Advertisement