Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inverter to drive circulating pump .

Options
  • 04-09-2022 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭

I have a stove with a back boiler and in the case of a power outage I could use this to heat the house but I would need something like an inverter to power the small circulation pump .Often seen them in halfords and aldi but what size voltage would I need ,could run it off the car ,Wondering also would it be straight forward to fix up oil boiler to an inverter like at the moment it is wired to switch and has a seperate circulating pump

Post edited by DOCARCH on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

Wrong place to ask, Electrical section be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I have an old APC SmartUPS that I pulled from a skip (new batteries) running mine.

Tis hard to know what size inverter to get because inverters struggle bigtime with the inductive load of starting a motor. You'd be safe enough with 600-1000w pure sine unless it's a crap Chinese brand usually. This is despite the circulation pump probably being less than 100w.

Don't run it off the car if you can avoid it, very easy to render the car unstartable or do damage to the batteries. Get a few scrap batteries if you're stuck or else "leisure" batteries that are designed for deep cycle usage

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭thedart

I would get a inverter generator and plug in your heating system off that.

Advertisement