Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI cable from mobile to smart tv

• 04-09-2022 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I do not have Internet at home. I have Netflix, all 4 apps on my mobile that I download stuff to watch in WiFi & watch off line. I have a HDMI cable that fits into my Samsung phone into my Samsung smart TV thinking I could watch the stuff I had downloaded on my mobile through the cable on my smart dv. Didn't work.

Any suggestions how I can watch stuff from my mobile on my TV that does not require Internet. Even the data on my mobile is too slow to use at home due to extremely poor coverage.

Please dumb down the answers / suggestions as I am useless with technology 😔

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

If in your shoes I would get a big sized USB, and torrent stuff using the phone and then transfer the files to USB and watch on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hello2021

Thanks B.A for suggestion but it sounds a bit of a ordeal to mirror what's on my phone to my smart TV. I thought the HDMI cable would work 🤔

Could be a Digital Rights Management (DRM) issue OP. If Netflix have a DRM policy in place you won't be able to send content from your phone to the TV.

Advertisement