Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copenhagen Cowboy - Netflix - (***Spoilers***) Nicolas Winding Refn

• 04-09-2022 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭

Copenhagen Cowboy is a thrill-inducing, neon-drenched noir series set across six episodes which follows enigmatic young heroine, Miu. After a lifetime of servitude and on the verge of a new beginning, she traverses the ominous landscape of Copenhagen’s criminal netherworld. Searching for justice and enacting vengeance, she encounters her nemesis, Rakel, as they embark on an odyssey through the natural and the supernatural. The past ultimately transforms and defines their future, as the two women discover they are not alone, they are many.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

.o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jaysus; well that's one slick trailer. Who needs to watch a whole show of that? LOL.

The neon-noir and Carpenter Brut 'esque soundtrack mightn't be for everyone, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't flick some switches inside me. I suspect it could either a hidden gem, or utter indecipherable bollix.

A big fan of his work loved the Pusher films and Bronson.

Drive is just coolness personified and his Amazon show To Old to Die Young was really good and deserved a lot more attention than it got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Too Old to Die Young was really watchable even if it wasn't the greatest show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A "proper" trailer, albeit just as slick and stylish as the others: drops January 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,335 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Oh that looks interesting.

To be fair even his Winding Refns "misses" are worth a watch.

This dropped today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: 😨

Well. It opens at a Brothel and there's some pigs that remind me of the film snatch.

Then mostly confusing. Then an Oh! moment. Then back to confusing.

Oh, the pigs reminding me of Snatch was probably legit 😨

2: I .. eh.. OK, right so.

I'm not sure what group they'd been substituting the pig noises for. I thought maybe Danes .. but that Arne guy didn't.

So.. that seems to be Rosella dead.. or maybe all of the Brothel folks dead.. except those who escaped that evening.. although, I'd be guessing they'd be searching by that point.

Oh and from the Chinese restaurant also having them..

Seems to be a lot of Pigs in Denmark

3: Ehhhh. OK. More pigs. Kinda.

Guessing that the bodies Chiang brings to Mother Hulda are from the fights..

Maybe .. Miu has some kinda powers..

Maybe .. Nicklas.. is .. is... maybe Supernatural? Maybe just a physcopath/sociopath?

I dunno. I'm guessing it'll become more clear..

• Advertisement

4: Oh no 😨

Pigs!

You know. For a bit there, I thought the show might be settling into something different and I got distracted I guess.

Nope.

It did feel like it went into a bit of a John Wick type world crossed with some Blade Runner type music.

She definitely seems to have a past with Miroslav. Maybe he bought her when she was seven.. or was the lawyer for it.

I'm guessing this is all leading up to some showdown/rematch then between Miu and either Nikolas or all the Nikolas family.

Aside from all that, there's definitely some scenes in this where it all just feels to drag along. Not sure if that was intentional.

5: I eh.. well those earlier parts were kinda understandable.. but then..

and I mean like..

Is it like.. vampire? maybe?

The gang war seemed a big deal but is it not a big deal to Miu? Doesn't seem like it.

When Chiangs crew emptied out the cocaine, I was like.. 😲

So anyway, not a rematch between Miu and Nikolas but maybe a showdown his sister?

This episode ticked along fine. Didn't feel like any of the scenes dragged.

Finished! Overall: WTF. Hahaha. 😁

That was a season one was it? I dunno. I'm lost! 😁

6: Alright then. So the bigger picture and character explainers.

I mean like.. not a lot of bigger picture and character explainers but more than before.

Haven't really much of a clue about Miu except for a guess that she contains others either in whole or in memory.

The sister of Nikolas.. the way she acted.. I'm guessing Upiór. So then maybe Miu is also from Slavic folklore.

but anyway yeah..

back to Miroslav and his contact who I think was speaking Japanese and so back to the wider John Wick type world feeling to it..

and roll out to cue for a possible second season.

Future: Ehhhhhh... I mean.. possibly the world could be explored more.

Just I'm not exactly seeing Neflix greenligthing a second season given some shows they haven't renewed already.

Saying that though, I was kinda getting hyped for a showdown between Miu and Nikolas' sister.

Advertisement