Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW7 Transfer thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Salah dropped to 12.9 just noticed ****!

By the way what happens to everyone who played there wildcards this week now that the games are cancelled?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Their WC is used.

Deadline will pass tomorrow as usual.

Anyone who took a hit will drop down the rankings a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

So if we have 2FT then we have to use one by tomorrow or lose it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yeah there would of been a lot that played it this week thankfully not myself! Curious to see did anyone in any of my mini leagues take any hits haha here's hoping!

On the plus side this should all mean wont have to worry about losing Brighton or Palace players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Yes, more than likely. FPL won't edit the coding of the game now for deadline tomorrow. Similar to what happened with Covid.

And aim at GW9 with the transfer TBH as looks like GW8 will get the bullet also.

I'm gonna move Jesus to Mitro I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thefallingman

No way i'm selling Mo Liverpool will bounce back, sucks the games are cancelled this weekend ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

We should all get another wildcard. Y'know to honour the Queen or whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Read this for the important details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Jesus to Mitro

Robbo to Tripper

2 FTs used

GW7 team locked in!

Gives me a few pound ITB to upgrade Archer/Aaronson now as my next move which is the plan. Wanted Mitro / Tripps so getting on before a price rise the weekend and not to be burning a FT either. And if some games go ahead in GW8, the Newcastle game at 3pm Sunday could easily be one of the fixtures on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

We have to still do the transfers today even though games are poatponed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

11am deadline still there if you want to make a transfer for cancelled GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think transfers are optional so if you're happy with your team you don't have to make a transfer any particular week. Used my free transfer last weekend to dump out Ederson for Pope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just did the injured Lavia to Longstaff last night. Had thought about Jesus to Toney but neither are price rising or falling just yet so can hopefully hang on a few days to wait for news on whats happening GW8.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Why is everyone getting rid of Salah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nice bit of green

Coz he and his club have been massive disappointments. There is only so much room for sentiment when points are there to be won (and elderly monarchs pass away).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭BobDole22

Looks like some games will be played anyway both EFL and National League resuming so PL will have to play some games surely? London games possibly postponed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The EFL statement;

The EFL fixture programme will return as scheduled from Tuesday 13 September, with tributes to be paid to Her late Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II at grounds around the country.

A minute’s silence will be held before matches, with black armbands to be worn by participants, flags to be flown at half-mast and the National Anthem to be played in stadiums.

With a national policing plan now in operation, the League and Clubs will continue to work with forces in respect of any challenges that may emerge regarding policing of specific fixtures.

Consideration to individual circumstances will be made on a case-by-case basis, in line with standard match Safety Advisory Group (SAG) protocols.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭BobDole22

No excuse now not to have all outside London games on at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

They might try to reverse the fixture - so Chelsea v Liverpool to be played in Anfield - but how that works from a logistics point of view with fans, and ticketing - might be a nightmare to arrange, so would take the game out of London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That would mean moving the day of the game too, as Everton play at home this weekend too. They play West Ham so that fixture can't be reversed aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Whether the GW8 game against Chelsea goes ahead or not, Robertson won't play. He's out until 'after the international break'.

It's gong to be a real pain though if f Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Bentford, Leicester aren't playing - I'd say a decent chunk of people will have 10 of their 15 player squad in those teams. You won't want to play a FH for obv reasons but may be left with little or not choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hope we get clarity soon anyway, the funeral plans are fairly confirmed, so I'd say it's just a case of figuring out logistics for the teams an policing now. They won't want to leave changes too close to the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

I'd prefer a blank week rather than be without the above games. Imagine if Pep rested Haaland on top of that. Could be a very frustrating week of Hits and FHs

Well that's what I mean - you would be FHing to teams that you probably wouldn't really fancy, but depending on your H2H's or LMS competition or for sake of OR you would be forced into using it - and gambling on Rashford being fit, Bruno doing the business and random other players. I can't even think of players outside of those teams ha.

I already had 3 players out due to the Brighton - Palace game being off. If the London matches are also postponed, I'll be down to 5 playing max. 😅 Lots of us being in the same boat is the only consolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thefallingman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

with the train strike cancelled, you would have thought they might have re-instated that game.

Yeah. Looks like they need more notice to reinstate a game than they give to fans when games are cancelled!

In other news, Diego Costa has been added at 5.5M for those of you who like a mad punt*.

*may be a typo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

a mad punt

Haha I love it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement