Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extended warranty from Dealer

Options
  • 04-09-2022 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi All,

Some questions -

Recently bought car from dealer, option to purchase extended warranty.. €650 for 12mths and €1,050 for 24mths..

it’s a C220d, 133km on clock, 2016.. Auto..

What are ur thoughts, it’s not cheap to warranty… but not exactly a new car either, anyone with experience with Merc c-class.. - looking online, it’s 1 in 3 have issues.. Which shocked me! But assume it varies in seriousness/ cost of issue - But does it justify a warranty of €650 a year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭SimpleDimple

My answer is no. If you look at the small print of these extended warranties there is a huge host of issues which are not covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭longrunn

Also look at the small print to see if there's mileage limits to the extended warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

I would definitely get some kind of warranty with it.

Advertisement