Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I have rare books or not?

• 04-09-2022 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have two books, pictures attached, "Towards a White Courtship by Bill Gerrard" and "Cookery Book Sandys Street Presbyterian Church Newry 1934-35"

I have googled both books but unable to find either of them online.

The "Towards a White Courtship by Bill Gerrard" appears to be from the Redemptorist Record Clonard monastery in Belfast and talking about "A white courtship -- a clean, pure courtship -- is the dream of every decent man and every decent girl intending to marry." and is about relationships in general and questions asked to a priest and the answers from it.

The "Cookery Book Sandys Street Presbyterian Church Newry 1934-35" appears to be from the Sandys Street Presbyterian Church in Newry and has booking recipes from different people around the Newry area.

I doubt these are particular rare or valuable but as I am unable to locate them online, just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The only place that would probably be interested in the cookbook would be the church itself. You could try contacting them to see if they'd like to buy a copy.

sandysstreetpc@gmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭No Bills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The cookbook would be of general interest to local historians in Newry and of particular interest to families whose relations are named in it.

Perhaps some limited interest among church historians for the other one.

If you want to sell eBay might be best.

Advertisement