Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a pilot - Liam Tattan

Options
  • 04-09-2022 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

This American with roots (on one side) in Midleton, Co Cork, is looking to find my cousin Liam Tattan. He doesn't have any internet presence that I can find. We met and hung out for a couple of days when I first visited Ireland 30 years ago when I was in my 30s. My first return visit to Ireland since then is coming up soon, and I'd like to find meet another Tattan or two as I try to do some family history research. There's a fascinating connection with Waterford, since that's where apparently the first Tattan (Tatton) landed in Ireland in 1399 - Thomas de Tatton, sent by King Richard I.

From what I can gather, Liam Tattan pilots small Cessna-type aircraft, and may have one that he keeps at Waterford Airport. So the theory is that he may be in the Waterford area now, instead of Midleton.

Anyone on this board know of him? Or able to suggest a good way to try to find him? I haven't found a listing with the phone company, but then again, that's only landlines now, isn't it? Liam doesn't own me money or anything like that. I just want to see him again, since I'm planning to be in the area soon for another brief visit.

Thanks, for any help you might be able to offer in getting us connected again.

Tim Tattan, Seattle USA

tim@ricksteves.com

4 September 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Phen2206

If you think he might be flying in and out of Waterford then these guys may know of him. You could try contacting them to ask if they know of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Found this during a quick google search..

also found an address for a Cork based Liam Tattan who owbed a C172, G-TAIT. I'll not post his details here, but search the aircraft reg on G-INFO for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tim Tattan

Thanks, Nforce. That photo was the only thing I've been able to find online with a reference to my cousin Liam. However, not being a pilot myself, I don't know about doing a search on G-INFO. If you wouldn't mind emailing me privately to tim@ricksteves.com that would be helpful and appreciated. It's been a bit of a journey trying to re-establish family connections, but I guess that's my mission.

- Tim Tattan in Seattle USA

Advertisement