Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phone book

Options
  • 04-09-2022 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭

Oh dear I see that as of beginning of this month, the residential listings in the online phone book are no longer available, business only. I know many are dropping landlines but still was useful look up resource. When was the paper version discontinued. Pearse St Library had a good stock of back numbers... must check what is going on there.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's only a few years ago that they stopped issuing them. Libraries will definitely have good stocks. Longterm they are printed on flimsy paper though - they won't have good durability or be easy to scan.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

I think by the mid '00s the phone book was already a husk of what it used to be. It used to be two volumnes, one residential and golden pages separate. Even when they both got slim enough to be merged into one, it still got progressively slimmer as the years went on.

I'm surprised it is even still a think, even online.

I haven't had cause to use it or heard of anyone using it in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭cobham

I have found it useful to track down info from 1950's onward ...past date for Dublin Voters register database and Mormon records.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DannoA1

Speak for yourself! An absolutely moronic comment. What planet are you living on?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

@DannoA1 Hello. 1) please don't be so rude. 2) Please don't drag up old threads without a good reason.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement