If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio Warranty

Options
  • 05-09-2022 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

I've a set of Monitor Audio Bronze 5's I got in June 2019. It seems one of them has an issue, the best way to describe it is it sounds muffled.

When I do the Audssey setup on the Denon it keeps thinking it's out of phase (it isn't) and if I ignore it the setup adjusts the speaker's volume up dramatically (which pretty much confirms what I was hearing)

It's not the best example, but I have a video attached taken during the Audssey setup, it starts with the left most speaker, then the centre and then you can hear the difference on the right one.

I've also attached an image of the setup's final result that put the right one at +8dB.

Would you be able to let me know what the warranty on these are and what are my options? Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for the post Xithus and I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your speakers.

From the video it's quite hard to tell what's going on. Is the sound mainly coming from the tweeter or have any of the drivers stopped working? If you give the drivers a very light push they should move freely - if they are stiff and you hear a crunching sound it could be that one of the drivers has blown. If you try this and let me know how you get on we'll see if we can get to the bottom of it.

I would also check the terminals at the back of the speaker to make sure the links are connected properly.

Let me know how you get on!

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Thansk Dave. Sorry I know the video is a little difficult to understand. It sounds silly but the best way to get it is to close your eyes and listen to the last speaker test compared to the previous 2.

Anyway I’ve tried your suggestion and comparing the two speakers it seems the tweeter on the second one isn’t working. I think this would explain why the sound is muffled? Many thanks.

And sorry yes I checked the wiring and terminals. I’d done this because it kept failing the phase test on the Denon.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Xithus,

If the tweeter has gone this would definitely make it sound off as there is nothing picking up the high frequencies. The best way to test it is to have something playing and run your ear down the speaker listening to each component, you should be able to tell which one is out.

If you can PM your details to me I can check the warranty status to see if this would be covered for you.

Kind regards

David

PM sent thanks

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Xithus.

David is currently off on Holiday.

Could you please resend me the PM and I can look after it for you.

no Problems, thanks. I sent the PM to you.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.