Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've been defamed online by someone in Scotland

• 05-09-2022 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Hi, I feel I've been defamed online during an online review by somebody living in Scotland. Is it a Scottish solicitor or an Irish one I should contact?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

That is a bit of a jump.... Is what they said true, has it caused you undue damage? Quite a high bar to prove defamation. Would want to be something pretty massive to be worth your while even trying.

And yes you would best engage an Irish solicitor company if you really want to go down that expensive road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭mikethecop

Ya you should probably just get over it unless it effects you in a actual real way

Advertisement