Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veg Curry Recipes?

• 05-09-2022 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭

Looking for a tried and tested veg curry recipe that is not difficult to make. Normally, I just throw a pile of veg (peppers, onions, peas, sweet potatoes, butternut, broccoli) into a put with some curry paste and cook until softened. Turn off heat and then mix in some coconut milk and creamed coconut.

Getting fed up with it now and want something different, but still curry - or a Dhansak! What can I do to liven this up. Not a great cook, so would need to be a straightforward recipe.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

If you like pickle, you might try an Achari dish. Pav Bhaji looks nice too, served with lots of butter and fluffy bread.

I find that, with curries, you can adapt it to be easier if you want, and it should still be good. Use plenty oil and salt.

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I love my daals. Cook up lentils with some salt (in the pressure cooker if you have one, but on the stove otherwise). When they're done, fry a heap of onions until soft, add curry powder (I get a great selection from a dude at the Milk Market in Limerick), and a load of butter, then stir in to the part drained lentils, and devour. (You can also add garlic ginger paste, black mustard seeds (for that little bit of pop), a squeeze of lemon, more chilli, and so on).

Cooking the aromatics separate (a tarka/tadka) is definitely the way to get a nice bright flavour, boiling it with the lentils just looses a lot of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Has anyone tried the Vegetable Korma from My Apricot Kitchen (via SuperValu)? A friend has told me it's very nice...

Advertisement