Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calorie deficit diet is this ok?

Options
  • 05-09-2022 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to see does my diet sound OK. Basically for over 2 years I binged and gorged on beer and really unhealthy food and huge portions. 2 and a half stone put on. I drank about 8 beers a day I know this is crazy so I've also cut that out as it was becoming a big issue both mentally and physically. So for the past 3 and a half weeks I've been eating 1000 calories from Monday to Friday and give myself an easier weekend with a few treats. I have lost a stone in total in the past 3 and a half weeks doing this and light walking. I was probably taking in close to 2,500 maybe 3000 calories a day before. Ive switched to a few vodkas with tonic at weekends. The thing is I am not hungry on this diet. I have omelette for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and wholegrain rice with turkey or chicken with veg for dinner and it fills me up. I have another stone and half to go. I read that 1000 calories is not sustainable but I'm really full. Just want reassurance my food choices are healthy. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭wildwillow

It is sustainable in the short term. What you are eating is healthy. Maybe add in more fruit and salads soon. The first stone is the easiest to lose but the time line you achieved it in is not too drastic.

Having a restricted diet is impossible to continue and unhealthy. But you must have been eating well enough before this period. The alcohol intake would account for a lot of calories so that is a reduction and no loss of nutrition.

Don't become obsessed with calories, just eat sensibly as you are doing now and then maintain the weight and fitness when you reach your goal.

Well done for tackling the issue, and you know you must try to continue to restrict the alcohol intake for physical and mental fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Absolutely and I have massively reduced alcohol from huge quantities of beer 7 days a week to maybe 4 vodkas and tonic on a Saturday. Thank you so much for your advice I really do appreciate it xx

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

I would drop fruits while losing weight, full of fructose goes right back to fat, but if you are on calorie deficit...  what about insulin spikes feels somewhat hungry again... ?

Post edited by GoogleBot on

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kinney

Of course, this is one of the best ways to lose weight correctly.

Advertisement