Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breathable membrane

• 05-09-2022 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I have an issue with flies going into my attic at this time of the year. I believe they are cluster flies at they just hang off the rafters almost like they are dead.

I was thinking of putting a breathable membrane over the soffit vents to try and stop the flies getting in there. I believe this is one of the ways they are getting into the attic.

It's there any recommendations a membrane that I could secure over soffit vents that would keep the flies out but allow air to flow in/out through the vents?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Change the soffit vents themselves to the insect proof type.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭digitalsystem

Didn't know they existed, thanks for this

Advertisement