Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL season - Regular Season Thread - Picks etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,288 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fact of the matter is this shouldn't be a team decision under any circumstance. The officials should decided if he needs a HIA and then he goes to the independent doctor who reports back to the officials and not the team. Then and only then should the team be informed when the decision is totally out of their hands. No team official or coach should be allowed accompany the player to his medical assessment.

If theres been a breakdown here then I'm blaming the NFL and not individual teams. This cannot be let happen under any circumstance and the NFL have to make sure of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Chris Nowinski tweeted the below before the game.

He's one of the leading concussion awareness activists in the US. He did a pretty good documentary on it too but I forgot what it's called. He's a former wrestler FWIW, another sports plagued by the issue.

His timeline after the injury is worth a read because he's absolutely incensed at Miami for playing him. And he says Tua is still at big risk even after being discharged from the hospital.

Criminal what they allowed happen Tua.

Sickening image of him on the ground with his fingers shooting off in all directions.

Never mind a career ender, that could be a life changer.

One person out the gap.

Surely a sweeping overall review is now needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I picked Saints when everyone else going for Vikings, didn’t realise game was in London. Hoping to go 2/2, keeping the dream alive for the 16/16 at odds 5000/1.

Another day, another Ravens capitulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Should of been delay of game before the Parker TD

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Patrick Mahomes came to play in this first half.

Nice drive by the Bucs there but Mahomes is on fire tonight.

The one thing I don't understand with the Chiefs is McKinnon being in on goal line downs. I think Pacheco and/or Edwards Hilaire are much better options.

It's a joy to watch.

• Advertisement

And there is McKinnon in on 3rd and 1 again and he gets nothing. I'd be confident Pacheco would get that first down.

Pacheco was a fantastic pick up in the seventh round.

Great half of football.

Mahomes is on fire but Brady is heating up. This is a great game of football. You have two excellent defenses being ripped apart by premium offenses.

Gotta say that for a 45 year old man, Brady's spiral is still a thing of beauty.

Edwards Hilaire and Pacheco have exactly the same amount if carries and same yardage in the first half. Both have six carries for 42'yards. Impressive yards per attempt.

It's the middle of the third quarter and Mahomes has already found ten different receivers, Brady lagging behind, he's only found eight different ones.

Great drive capped off with a TD for Forston, nice to have him back.

It’s pretty much impossible to predict all 16/16. I am averaging 10/16 each week.

Try any team sport and you'll struggle to do any better than 10 out of 16.

The chants from the crowd are all Deebo and he deserves that after an amazing catch and run fur a td. The man is just incredible. Best td I've seen this year. 14-6 niners at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

That niners defense is scary when it gets going, so relentless, should of had a few more interseptions if.

Deebo was on fire, they really had no answer for him at times, that td tun was insane, he bailed Jimmy G out with the catch and then proceeded to bounce off the Rams players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Another average week for me 8-8 brings it to 25-39

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

8-8 takes me to 36-28 for the season.

Didn't get to see as much as I would have liked this weekend but made a point of watching SNF back in full. My God, what Mahomes did to that Bucs D was unbelievable. I would have put the Bucs D up there with the very best in the league, but Mahomes in that form is simply unplayable. We're lucky to be around to get to see the standard of QB play in the league these days. I know some of it comes from the laws protecting them better than 30 years ago and all that but the skill set of the top guys in the league at the minute is incredible. Here's hoping he can stay injury free and we get to enjoy this guy for another decade or more.

Even though I picked the Rams, I really enjoyed watching the 49ers D go to work on MNF last night. I think in my head the Rams are still the team from the playoffs last season but they're really not looking much like it at the minute. I heard Joe Buck say after the game that's 7 regular season games in a row that Shanahan has had it over McVay. Way too much to be a coincidence. Happy for Jimmy G too, I know he's not the greatest but he's handled himself with real class through all this. Hope he goes on to rack up a nice few wins from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Next round fixtures look easier to call. Maybe the 1st game is tricky, will go for Broncos.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭al87987

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

10-6 which takes me to 31- 33 which is still below .500 but a much better week then last weeks mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ChampagneFever

• Advertisement

Week 5

Thursday Night 1.20am

Colts @ Broncos

Sunday 2.30pm

Giants @ Packers

Sunday 6pm

Lions @ Patriots

Steelers @ Bills