Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballpark Cost of This List

Options
  • 06-09-2022 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Its a 3br on Daft; 1930s era and 90msq. house - looks fine on the surface but requires the following:

the house primarily needs an energy upgrade, :external insulation, new windows, a more efficient oil burner, more attic insulation .Bathrooms and Internal joinery need upgrade, Wiring might also be a bit iffy. After all that just a lick of paint.!

The lick of paint is the only piece I understand haha. Assuming all the other stuff listed needs to be replaced, what ballpark cost would I be looking at? I assume somewhere in the tens of thousands.. I'd be outsourcing everything.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Depends on the makup of the house and what insulation you can do. ie cavity, internal or external.

To externally insulate, insulate attic, heat pump with new rads etc, new windows/doors you would be looking at maybe €40-50k after grants.

Maybe 6 to 10K for a bathroom.

€15-20k for full rewire.

No idea about the internal joinery.

Advertisement