Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit for first time buyer

• 06-09-2022 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm aware that for first-time buyer, there's a minimum deposit of 10% if you’re buying your first home. Question I have is could I instead decide to put a deposit of around 12 to 15 percent? Would I be prevented from doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

In this case you would need to discuss this with one of our mortgage advisors.

You can contact our Mortgage team on 016113333 and one of my colleagues would be happy to offer further advice and guidance.

The team are available from Monday- Friday between 9am- 5pm.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

A more helpful reply would be that yes, of course, you can have a deposit of greater than 10%, 10% is the minimum. No banks will refuse you having a higher deposit as it limits their risk.

Advertisement