Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2023 **No Ticket Sales / Requests ** - It'll be grand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Can't condone such behaviour, bang out of order. However, and for research purposes only, google plastic bag and festival wrist band. Never tried it, probably doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I was leaving on a Sunday one year and saw eh, someone else, have their band taken off that way by people waiting at the exit. Money was offered for it, but the eh, person I saw refused

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

If its got a plastic clasp then keep twisting the end bits until it comes off, if its the usual metal bit that Picnic like to use, then try a pliers?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭rockterrain

Any news on the general food offerings yet? The quality and variety is normally one of the biggest draws of EP for me. If they scrimp on this side this will be another nail in the coffin for the 30+ gen imo. The fact they're not really banging a drum about it has me slightly worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭sh89000

A mates been let down by someone who was selling to him and now wants to go Friday and half of Saturday.....

Any spares give me a shout 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

On a couple of post-EP Monday mornings I have found myself staring at a blank screen at work and repeatedly removing and replacing the weekends wristband. Its easy enough to do, obviously key that they do not put it on too tight on Friday, and that the 'recipient' has a smaller wrist than the 'donor'. Can see plastic bag will help alright, but I was able to remove and replace without.

Ironically they are pretty robust, you can't damage the wristband in taking it off.

I don't think you would be able to cut and re-attach it, the material frays and would be difficult to say sew back. They are checked over the weekend on re-entry, the wristband is usually tug-tested, which your stitched up band won't survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'm thinking Idles will headline against Fred Again with Belters Only and Jamie XX the other nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭glennponder

The blurred act.......I had initially written this off to be filled by picture this/hosier/dermot Kennedy or an some other equivalent tripe, am not so sure now, what was the reason for opting for a surprise act? Lets take it back to the EP organisers around the round table with the 6 headline acts in front of them, they decide to keep the Sunday subheadliner as the mystery act...why that one? A few conspiracy theories below.

It won't be the generic local Irish act

I cannot see how they can now announce any of the acts named above as the surprise act at this late stage, all they will manage to do is wind everyone up, where's the wow factor in announcing an act that has recently played EP more than once??

The act has an upcoming gig

A valid ticket sales reason for not announcing, chemical brothers, new order and noel Gallagher etc

Compassionate/other reasons

The act may not have wanted to be plastered on the lineup poster as early as last December for their own personal reasons - I'm thinking the script could fall into this category and they would certainly be a big hit among most of the festival goers, plus would this be there first EP outing??

Sub headline red herring

A lot of acts have been ruled out as they couldn't possibly play beneath thr killers, but would even act really care about that, for this reason I think blur are still in the running, perhaps both the killers and blur were only available on the Sunday and they used this marketing ploy to keep the interest up for the big mystery act, it has certainly worked.

Off the scale act turns up

Maybe just maybe EP have pulled off a huge coup and won't announce at all until U2, radiohead or oasis step on stage.......probably not : )

Boardsies predictions

Acts predicted on here, boy genius, bicep, aphex twinn......I can't see it too niche for main stage headline and certainly not boy genius to avoid 50k attendees saying 'who?'

And the big reveal is......

No idea like everyone else but the longer it goes on the better i reckon as more chance of a wow announcement....but i have a sneaky suspicion for the script, next best new order

.....its going to be picture this isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Had this exact conversation with my daughter over dinner last night. We both agreed that its more likely to be someone big. We then got chatting about who would make 'everyone' (20 to 50) happy and decided on someone like Snoop Dogg (who is playing in October)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I don’t want to get hopes up, but it fuppin has to be a big act! I mean why bother otherwise! If Ava Max or the script I’d think I’d vomit

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's surprising cmat isn't on the list she seems to have gathered a bit of a following, doubt that's the blurred act though.

Gorillaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nope definitely not Aphex Twin, can you imagine how mangled the waiting Killers fans would be after sitting through an Aphex Twin gig.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 seamieom

Surely Damon Albarn would be too busy with Blur?

The theory that it must be someone big because they are delaying right into the last few days makes sense to me, and hopefully we are rewarded with a huge act.

But to counter it, remember that EP marketing people don't necessarily think like us. For them the 'build' or hype trumps everything else. Its why they drip feed information, and why even the most mundane bit of news becomes an 'Announcement!' (like confirming today, 7 days out, that this year you will be pay for a phone charge at EP, as you could do for the last ten years - big news, exclamation marks everywhere).

It may well be there is no other reason for the final act to be blurred other than to 'create build, surprise and delight'. Or simply to give media partners something 'fresh' this year.

The band itself could be weaker than the other 5 headliners, its irrelevant as the blurring achieves the build, not the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 seamieom

Is there any convention for the killers to play 8-10 say, and then the sub to close out the Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paddy2012

I still think it's Boygenius and was blurred at their request but I agree a lot of punters will be disappointed. We'll find out on Tuesday I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

She was an exclusive festival appearance for the Slane festival this year, new album soon and played a stormer set last year so has to be odds on for an upgrade next year. There are zero current Gorillaz dates and they'd be very unlikely to be doing one offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

All this New Order chat is glorious and has also reminded me that Brandon Flowers guested on Music Complete.

Have tickets for their 3Arena show but I'm not averse to seeing them twice inside a couple of months. It'll be like 2016 again.

• Advertisement

CMAT put on a great show last year in Rankins Wood. She seems also to be a rising star in the UK, did well at Glasto. Would say she is defintely a shout for 2024. Actually wondered why she was not anywhere in EP23, exclusive above explains that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Beyond the pale first names

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fortywinks86

Weren't Disclosure announced a few days before EP last year. I'm not sure the reasons but they were playing the emerge festival the weekend before. Seems like a similar tack this year but more obvious with the blurred act!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭glennponder

Honest question as you're probably a fan, do u genuinely think boy genius would warrant a headline slot??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Apart from Gilla Band & 808 State for me that’s a poor start.

Post edited by Seathrun66 on

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭rockterrain

Just to add a theory based on the fact they might take a rinse repeat approach to the main stage line-up strategy from last year. The two main acts on both Friday and Saturday were a bit poppier and targeted to a younger audience - they seem to have replicated this again give or take. With The Killers a logical replacement for Arctic Monkeys as the rockier Sunday finale. Last year it was Snow Patrol who filled the blurred slot so perhaps someone in that vein could be a runner but maybe an international version? Someone mentioned Blink 182 which could tick this box and also a more cross generational appeal. Would likely also satisfy Sunday day trippers going for The Killers. Granted this is more what I want to believe. Will probably be Picture This when all is said and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Well that's disappointing. Quelle surprise 😂

Gilla Band only ones really. 808 State & Hang Massive at a push.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Manner14

Would they chance not announcing anything like the churnups/Foo Fighters at Glastonbury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭sh89000

Oh ffs

Advertisement