Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

911 Insurance only 15 years old

• 06-09-2022 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi all.

I'm looking at getting a 911 (997) and I was under the impression that with it been a Porsche they could be insured as classic once 15 year's old.

I already have a classic policy for a Impreza Sti RA. I'm nearly 50 and have a daily driver so tick all the boxes.

Tried Abbey Autoline and they said has to be 20 years old.

Carol Nash was the same and quoted 1090 for a 996 as I was interested in what they would offer.

Does anyone cover these as not 20 years old yet. I really don't like the 996 and the 997 Carrera S is what I what to get.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭w124man

AXA have now moved to 25 years for new accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Disgrace how backwards the insurance industry is here.... Closed shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Used to be 10 years with Autoline for Porsches - think all companies are becoming more restrictive on their policies now - don’t think people ripping the piss with classic policies has helped.

Some companies seem to allow cars younger than 20 years old on your policy if it’s and additional car you’re adding to an existing policy, but don’t know of any companies doing it on new policies now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

Insurance on 911's is generally cheap anyway, the €1,090 sound expensive! I used to have the 997 Carrera S with Axa for sub €500 and that was 2 years ago, I had a 997.2 Turbo less than a year ago insurance was taken out with a much higher insurance value and that was €700. These were daily policy as classic would be accepted. I do however have a 2002 Boxster on classic policy through Autoline however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭zg3409

There is a separate insurance section with a separate thread for classics.

In general rules are random and change. My comment is the latest there from yesterday's phone call fun

Over 15 years was one of the questions most asked. One issue could be lots of porche drivers sticking their cars in ditches versus say other cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Porsche Club Ireland have a good scheme with Barrett Private Insurances http://www.bprivateinsurances.com/

I have an '03 996 Tip Cabrio insured with agreed value, no mileage limit, very good breakdown cover (sic), and with the SO on the policy for a reasonable sum. Great company to deal with.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,670 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Car has to be worth over €25k for the Barrett Private Insurance classic policy (which is through Chubb), this has changed in the last year or so unfortunately. But I guess any 997 will qualify that criterium.

I second that they are a great company to deal with, I had my Boxster with them the last year I owned it.

Advertisement