Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accuracy of Google Maps and Google Photos in Ireland?

• 06-09-2022 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

According to Google Maps Timeline it took me 3hr and 42 mins to drive 94.9km, leaving at 15:14 and arriving at my destination at 18:56 - according to it. However, when I got out of the car I took photos, and the time in Google Photos is 16:39. The Google Photos time would seem much more accurate, but if so this is my first experience of inaccuracy on Google Maps. Is there any history of Google Maps (or Photos) being inaccurate in Ireland?

What could account for the time disparity? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Famous Blue Raincoat

Edit to add: I checked a WhatsApp message I sent upon my arrival and that, too, was 16:40 so the issue is with Google Maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Double check you have the time zone set correct on the phone, the time might be 'correct' but time zone set wrong and so it's using GPS to obtain correct timezone for the Google Maps journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Not sure if its related but I'm having a lot of trouble with google maps the last 2 - 3 weeks. The map shows a trip time of say 45 mins but when I immediatly click Start it changes to maybe 20 mins. The departure time set for now. Then the map not showing trip progress but the voice 'keeping up' with instructions. And sometimes it works perfectly. I was thinking it was a Samsung update that caused the problems but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 crisptechllc

I think it's pretty legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭zg3409

They made changes to Google maps in past few weeks. They added a fuel saving.option. They often try new features in Ireland first before rolling out elsewhere.

I would not be surprised of glitches from.time to time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement